Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

change device password not possible after upgrade yoosee

Hello,

I have the same problems.

That i do:

1: Uninstall Yoosee
2: Reset the cameras (2 cameras in my case)
3: Install The Old Yoosee version (Yoosee 00.46.00.15)
4: Connect and configure your cameras with the old Yoosee App
5: Update Yoosee from Google Play

Now you have all your camera with the Password settings option .

It just take 5-10 minutes maximum for do this and no need any other computer/Phone ;)

Hope that will help other user.

Best regards.

message for ammunae
How you do that in your CMS.........IPC config still not working, you enter a new password but the trigger button SET is never highlited

Message for Etienne
where can i find Old Yoosee version (Yoosee 00.46.00.15 ?

WHEN WILL THE DEVS FIX THIS PROBLEM?? It's a huge irresponsability of them upgrading the app and leaving people without access to their cameras. Terrible app, the dev behind this app clearly is an idiot cause nobody would never do this with customers.

There is my method, after several hours of bruteforce:
  1. Unattach device from app
  2. Reset device
  3. Open app
    1. Start adding new device by smartlink
    2. Do WiFi configuration step
    3. DON'T enter device password, just close form
  4. Open CMSClient
    1. Connect to device with default password 123
    2. Change device password to pass123WORD or some other strong password, by app opinion
  5. Back to app
    1. Add exists device by manual enter of device id and password
  6. ...
  7. PROFIT - you can use device by App and by PC

I can confirm method provided by @timka works. But it's freaking unbeliveable this app camera is so incredible shittty. Even shitier is the guy developing this app which does not care to provide any help or fix this problem... stupid dev.

I can confirm method provided by @timka works. But it's freaking unbelievable this app camera is so incredible shittty. Even shitier is the guy developing this app which does not care to provide any help or fix this problem... stupid dev.
So I think this fix is awesome, and I was close to reasoning this method out....although I mostly consumed mentally by trying to figure out DEV intentions.
I truly believe this is not a mistake, but yet a crafty way to reduce customers base of bandwidth which we consume therefore affecting YOOSEE financial costs for providing us the services as advertised when we purchased our units.
Thanx for the knowledge and maybe YOOSEE DEVs will begin to see that we understand what they are doing and will stop this charade ASAP.

hello,

same problem for me also. password changed and I dont remember it. the camera is not recording any more if its not in defense mode and also its giving a lot of fake alarms...

I will try to reset it, downgrade the software and firmware .
I even allowed the support to acces it and check it. idiot me for doing that and idiots them for responding that camera is fine.
it worked fine untill I upgraded it to the last version.

I have a stupid question. Is it possible to use another app with this camera? some other app then yoosee??

I am using Yoosee, 163 Eye and YY 2 P application.
To set the device password, use YY2P.
Device password is used in CMSCLIENT soft when making P2P connection.
But CMSCLIENT is poor software.cmsclient - コピー.jpg

I have the same problem, I can not access the camera, use the password and try to recover the password, I use windows cms.

@timka it would seem that your method works. It's better setting up every psw by CMS on PC and then add cams on app yoosee

it is hoped that the DEV will improve this mess

Last edited:
now, I am still having problems with the motion detect option. its not recording anymore if its not in defense mode activ! I saw also that there is a new version of firmware and I dont know what to do. now my camera has 14.0.0.87 and the new one is ***89. did someone upgrade? should I?

its realy annoying because the only thing I am interested in this camera is to have records with al the movement there is in front of the camera and no alarms on the phone.
I dont need emails, alarms and other stuff.. just to have all records on the sdcard. but, if it is in defense mode I want it to send all the alarms on email or notifications on my phone app..

camera model is: Techege IPC-BT508W-1.0
what should I do? downgrade the firmware? upgrade the firmware?

I tried also with a wireless door opening sensor. I was thinking to put a door sensor and when this one trigeres the camera will start recording. just that the camera its not recognising the sensor. the app doesnt add it when I try to do so..

I dont understand why the developers give us all these headaches with this. the app and the camera worked so well untill now...

There is my method, after several hours of bruteforce:
  1. Unattach device from app
  2. Reset device
  3. Open app
    1. Start adding new device by smartlink
    2. Do WiFi configuration step
    3. DON'T enter device password, just close form
  4. Open CMSClient
    1. Connect to device with default password 123
    2. Change device password to pass123WORD or some other strong password, by app opinion
  5. Back to app
    1. Add exists device by manual enter of device id and password
  6. ...
  7. PROFIT - you can use device by App and by PC
I tried your method, it works for a while, until i tried to connect to the yoosee app. But then, the app seems change the device password again which I don't know what it is, so I can't view the camera over pc via cms again!

I found the solution, you update the cms app via this link -> https://od.lk/f/NTZfMjkzMTczM18 (because in the official website www.yoosee.co they dont update it yet currently). Then you copy share link of the camera through your phone, then paste to the add shared device (next to the manual add device menu) and it works like a charm.

Personally amazed to the gwell team who walked me through the assistance and quick email response.

But this solution, solve the PSW error also in phone mobile??..the link update CMS for PC not yoosee app....the PSW problem there's only on mobile phone...
Thanks

can someone tell me if there is a procedure to connect the cam in case it doesn't hook the wifi anymore?
qualcuno sa dirmi se ce un modo per connettere la cam nel caso in cui non agganciasse piu il wi-fi?
Thanks

Back