Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Strange messages from Yoosee

My camera is always unplugged except for when I leave home, and I also got the notifications this morning, uninstalled the app and not plugging the camera back until I see some official response, exact same messages as described here.

I've also received the messages. Will there be an official position on that?

No official response yet, still waiting to hear what happened, camera is disconnected now and just removed the app, to be safe.

I have the same notification on android phone: the camera is now unplug and I will leave a review on Amazon!

These push messages dont mean that your camera or phone have been compromised. They come via push notification system, probably Firebase. So the principle is the following - the Yoosee app creators have an account at Google Firebase, which is unique and can be used to send messages only to the specific app that has the connection made in its source code. In other words they have one account that can be used to push messages to all phones that have the specific app installed. So, if anything is compromised its their main Firebase account. It's hard for me to believe that this is the case, cause it will be very alarming. The other option, that I hope is the case, is that the developers are just starting to use the push notification system and are now making tests to see if the messages arrive correctly. It is not a very professional case to do it this way, cause you have the ability to target only selected devices, not spam all the base. I really hope some insider will share some info.

Reactions: Scc
From the admin...

Attachments

• 20190508_085908.jpg
    20190508_085908.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 40
My camera always points to the back wall by default (not to be watched). This morning, following the notifications, the camera pointed towards the center of the room. I'm not the only one, another user wrote in this thread that his camera had moved this morning...

My camera always points to the back wall by default (not to be watched). This morning, following the notifications, the camera pointed towards the center of the room. I'm not the only one, another user wrote in this thread that his camera had moved this morning...
My camera moves when it calibrates. It scans the whole room. But sill weird it celebrated on its own

My camera moves when it calibrates. It scans the whole room. But sill weird it celebrated on its own
My camera has never moved by itself before, except when I plug it after being unplugged...

I also woke up to this this Wednesday night and gave me the creeps. "aaa fafda", like what you come up with when typing a few random keys with the left hand. Two possibilities:
  • The service got hacked.
  • Some idiot at Gwell (the Yoosee company) sent this my mistake.

As @bzmiguez posted some rows above

it was a test from devs that sent these notification out as mistake

At least another notification to explain what happened to all users, would have been useful

Last edited:
Yes, an official explanation on this forum would be welcome...

Anyway the support replied me by email one day next to the event. I contacted them directly for the app.

Obviously another push messages would have been useful: "Sorry, testing messages was sent as a mistake"

Lack of official response is indeed worrisome, paired with the cameras moving on their own, until an official assessment of this, I just removed the app, planning on changing the camera, and not recommending YooSee to anyone :/

Boa tarde,
Tive um problema onde fui acessar o aplicativo e parecia que eu tinha logado em outro lugar. Porém, não fiz login em nenhum outro lugar e não compartilho o acesso com ninguém.
O mesmo aconteceu com você?

Back