Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to downgrade camera’s firmware to fix Onvif?

Anonymous

Reaction score
We write this tutorial to guide you how to downgrade camera’s firmware in case you have problems after your camera has the latest firmware updated. We’re going to us a 720p HD camera which employs Hi3518E SoC and OV9712 CMOS design. The camera works perfectly on both app and CMSClient. However, after the camera is upgraded to version 13.0.1.14, Onvif stops working, RTSP works properly. Therefore we decide to downgrade its firmware. Before embarking on downgrade camera’s firmware, please read the cautions.

Cautions: you need to find correct firmware version matches your cameras, then you’re able to downgrade/upgrade it manually. During firmware updating process make sure camera will not be disconnected from power supply (AC/DC power adapter), otherwise your camera’s firmware will be corrupted, cameras will not work properly, and there is no way to get it back unless you return products to the original manufacturer. You are responsible for any unpredictable consequences by following this tutorial. If you mess it up, get it fixed by yourself. We can’t help you.

Preparation:
Upgrade tool: IPC debug software
Yoosee camera firmware: 13.00.01.10
General VMS software (not required): VMS 64 bit
PC: Windows XP/7/8/10, the computer and camera should be in the same local network

Downgrade camera's firmware step by step:
1. Logon yoosee app, go to "Device information" to check firmware version.
3.jpg

2. Find old firmware on Internet (or shop.yooseecamera.com)
3. Download and unzip IPC debug tool to your computer
4. Double click "IPC调试系统.exe" or "IPCTestTool.exe" to run debug tool
5. Your camera will be appeared in its list (as long as computer and cameras are in the same local network)
6. Using mouse to tick/select camera's ID, then click "强制升级" or "Force Upgrade" button.
1.jpg

6.jpg

7. Select old firmware file (npcupg13.00.01.10(4761).bin), click "Open". Now camera starts to flush its firmware. It will show process bar in device list, once it shows 100%, the camera will be reboot. It should be noted that power or network should not be disconnected during firmware flushing process.
8. Once camera boots up again, logon yoosee app and check its firmware version.
4.jpg

Now you have successfully downgraded your camera's firmware.
Finally, we want to test if camera's Onvif protocol works again. So we download and install General VMS software on the computer. The software can automatically discover the camera, most importantly its status shows "Connected".
2.jpg

Now, click "Monitor", double click camera's IP, VMS shows real-time video. It indicates Onvif function is back to normal, great!
5.jpg

Last edited:
Hello I updated a few of my camera firmware and now my onvif NVR does not find the cameras anymore. Current firmware that my cameras have is 13.0.1.14 and 22.0.0.40. Do I have to rollback firmware and if so can you provide a copy?

Download tools/firmware not from shop.yooseecamera.com:

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, good tutorial for downgrading camera's firmware manually.
Actually, the firmware version 13.0.0.15 is available for upgrading, it has fixed this bug.
After upgrade your camera to this version, go to "Security Settings", set/modify "RTSP password". RTSP password equals Onvif password.

13.0.0.15 did not work for me, I had to reset/downgrade to 13.0.10

I also have the same problem... the updated software to latest 14.0.0.93 caused two of my three cameras connected to NVR to show offline status. The RSTP mode was enabled and password maintained as previously but yet no video. The bulb type camera works but the normal round and bullet camera does not respond via the NVR. Mobile application for the three camera still works. How to rectify this.. ? and how to recover the old version ? Please assist

I tried to downgrade firmware with no success.version is still 14.0.0.93. Got an md5 error trying to downgrade to npcupg13.00.01.10(4761). Please fix on new upgrade!

I tried to downgrade firmware with no success.version is still 14.0.0.93. Got an md5 error trying to downgrade to npcupg13.00.01.10(4761). Please fix on new upgrade!
13.00.01.10 firmware only works for Hisilicon Hi3518EV100 based Wi-Fi cameras.
14.0.0.93 firmware works for Grain Media GM8135S based Wi-Fi cameras.

To solve the Onvif/RTSP problem, you may read this thread:
https://support.yooseecamera.com/threads/2327/#post-4413

13.00.01.10 firmware only works for Hisilicon Hi3518EV100 based Wi-Fi cameras.
14.0.0.93 firmware works for Grain Media GM8135S based Wi-Fi cameras.

To solve the Onvif/RTSP problem, you may read this thread:
https://support.yooseecamera.com/threads/2327/#post-4413

Hello Jackie,
Is it possible to backup a firmware from a GM8135S Camera through sd card method, or even through ipc debug tool?
I want to get the firmware from my working GM8135S and put it on my other GM8135S that doesnt work

Because i have a fully working camera, then i bought another camera, same model but different brand, and it came with the same firmware but it refuses the connection, it says incorret password, then i updated to 21.0.1.1 and now the camera only connects through Android or IOS, it doesnt work through CMS, and so i dont have access to download the records on the sd card =(

Thanks in advance

I have two yoosee camera with version 21.0.1.1, one I have connected to a Chinese nvr and it works with the RTSP password. The other since it was updated to this version does not connect to a Dahua nrv although it has its RTSP password. I changed the firmware to version 21.0.0.91 and it worked for a while because it was only updated to version 21.0.1.1 again. Can somebody help me?

I have two yoosee camera with version 21.0.1.1, one I have connected to a Chinese nvr and it works with the RTSP password. The other since it was updated to this version does not connect to a Dahua nrv although it has its RTSP password. I changed the firmware to version 21.0.0.91 and it worked for a while because it was only updated to version 21.0.1.1 again. Can somebody help me?
As far as I know automatic updates are not possible. Be careful do not push the update button on the app. Reflash your IPC with old firmware and I'm sure will be all ok

Because of NVR doesn't support rtsp password, so the firmware should be downgraded.
Please provide 21.0.0.35 or 21.0.0.42 firmware
Thanks

We write this tutorial to guide you how to downgrade camera’s firmware in case you have problems after your camera has the latest firmware updated. We’re going to us a 720p HD camera which employs Hi3518E SoC and OV9712 CMOS design. The camera works perfectly on both app and CMSClient. However, after the camera is upgraded to version 13.0.1.14, Onvif stops working, RTSP works properly. Therefore we decide to downgrade its firmware. Before embarking on downgrade camera’s firmware, please read the cautions.

Cautions: you need to find correct firmware version matches your cameras, then you’re able to downgrade/upgrade it manually. During firmware updating process make sure camera will not be disconnected from power supply (AC/DC power adapter), otherwise your camera’s firmware will be corrupted, cameras will not work properly, and there is no way to get it back unless you return products to the original manufacturer. You are responsible for any unpredictable consequences by following this tutorial. If you mess it up, get it fixed by yourself. We can’t help you.

Preparation:
PC: Windows XP/7/8/10, the computer and camera should be in the same local network

3.jpg

5. Your camera will be appeared in its list (as long as computer and cameras are in the same local network)
6. Using mouse to tick/select camera's ID, then click "强制升级" or "Force Upgrade" button.
1.jpg

6.jpg

7. Select old firmware file (npcupg13.00.01.10(4761).bin), click "Open". Now camera starts to flush its firmware. It will show process bar in device list, once it shows 100%, the camera will be reboot. It should be noted that power or network should not be disconnected during firmware flushing process.
4.jpg

Finally, we want to test if camera's Onvif protocol works again. So we download and install General VMS software on the computer. The software can automatically discover the camera, most importantly its status shows "Connected".
2.jpg

Now, click "Monitor", double click camera's IP, VMS shows real-time video. It indicates Onvif function is back to normal, great!
5.jpg
Hello
Can you help me? I have firmware lastest version 25.0.0.42, ipcam after upgrade can’t support NVR Onvif

Preparation:

3.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg
Thanks for the post,
Does the yoosee firmware automatically update?

how can i downgrade on remote???? i have many camera on 500km 2000km and so on....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can any1 please give me a link to getting the 13.1.1.10 .
i need to downgrade my wifi camera from 13.1.1.36....this firmware is messing up....it doesnt retain wifi details.
once a wifi router is restarted the camera goes offline/.
I dont know if am to upgrade(But no available firmware now)
PLEASE THIS IS SUPER URGENT, MY CLIENT ARE IN THE DARK.....
thank y'all

Back