Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Loose power, need to reset

Harold

Reaction score
Hi , got my camera set up but I have to reset if I loose power. Problem if I'm out of town.,

It should keep the settings (WiFi connection) even encountering power outage.
If you can not access the camera or it loses the connection, please login router’s webpage and create an arp rule to bind camera IP address and MAC address (physical address). Therefore you will have a stable network connection.

Ok, I am able to log into my router but have no idea how to bind the MAC and IP addresses. I called my cable provider who is also unable. They say I need a "private" IP address so they can add it to their system. Can you provide?

You just need to create a rule in your router, for example, to bind IP address and MAC address on TP-Link Router:
Step 1 Open the web browser and type the LAN IP address of the router in the address bar, the default IP address of TP-Link router is 192.168.1.1, and then press Enter.
Step 2 Type the username and password in the login page, the default username and password both are admin.
Step 3 Click IP & MAC Binding->Binding setting on the left page. Step 4 Select Enable ARP Binding, and click Save.
Step 5 Click ARP List on the left page, you can see ARP table the router learns.
200991693629538.jpg

Got my camera to bind so now if power is removed the camera comes on line when power is restored. However when using the pc program (windows 7) when I want to monitor all I get is a locked padlock in the frame. Please advise. Thanks

Back