Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unable to access my devices via the IPC Terminal Web app on PC

ogrfnkl

Reaction score
I have a video doorbell and two smart relay switches, which I can view and operate perfectly well via the phone app, but not through the IPC Terminal Web app on my PC. When I log into IPC Terminal (by scanning the QR code from the phone app), I can see all three devices in the list on the left side, but selecting either of the relay switches has no effect at all, while clicking on the video doorbells returns the following error message: "Failed to connecting: This device is unavailable on the web, please view in App" (this message appears in the first panel on the camera grid window). I have not been able to find ANY information about this error through Google searches. In other words, the IPC Terminal can access my account, but that's all it can do, there is no other functionality available. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

1. Check Compatibility and Browser Settings
  • Ensure that your PC and web browser are compatible with the Tuya IPC Terminal Web app. The app may have specific browser requirements or recommendations. It's advisable to use a supported browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
  • Clear your browser's cache and cookies to ensure that you have a clean browsing session. This can help resolve potential issues related to stored data in your browser.
3. Disable Browser Extensions
  • Temporarily disable any browser extensions or add-ons that might be interfering with the functionality of the Tuya IPC Terminal Web app. Some extensions can cause conflicts with certain web applications.
4. Check Network Connection
  • Verify that your PC has a stable and reliable internet connection. Unstable connections can affect the performance of web-based applications.
5. Update Browser and Operating System
  • Ensure that your web browser and operating system are up to date. Outdated software can sometimes lead to compatibility issues with web applications.
6. Contact Tuya Support
  • If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Tuya's customer support for assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or be able to provide guidance based on your specific situation.
7. Try a Different Device
  • If possible, attempt to access the Tuya IPC Terminal Web app from a different device to determine if the issue is specific to your PC. This can help isolate whether the problem is related to your PC's configuration.
8. Check Tuya Doorbell Settings
  • Ensure that your Tuya doorbell is properly set up and connected within the Tuya Smart app. Verify that the doorbell is online and functioning correctly within the Tuya ecosystem.

Back