Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problems with the configuration of the blind or curtain

christianwis

Reaction score
Problems with the configuration of the blind or curtain.

I have a motorized shade, using the MOES device to control it.

When I adjust the rise time of the curtain, I get the time to coincide with the % .. that is, 50% is just opening half of the curtain. and that's perfect!

The problem is that after a while it loses calibration and 50% does not agree with reality... it even opens 10% but marks that it opened at 50%.

I rebooted the phone and it came back to the correct calibration.

Because it is? and how can i solve it?

Thank you
Christian

The decalibration occurs when I want to control the curtain from Google Home!

Please someone help me ?

I got the same problem but I tried to fix it. Google Home, do not take full scene from Tuya. It only takes open and close.
I also, have a Door Alarm Sensor.
My longest open time = 30s, full open.

So...
Scene 1
if sensor open
Delay 30s
Then door open 50%

Scene 2
If sensor close
Then Door close 0%
When using these scenes, we have to wait full the opening time.

These 2 scenes can help a bit when using voice control thru Gg Home.

Hi Christian,

It sounds like you're having an issue with the calibration of your motorized shade controlled by the MOES device. Here are some suggestions that might help stabilize the calibration:

Possible Causes and Solutions:​

1. Power Fluctuations:
    • Power fluctuations can cause the motor to lose its position calibration. Make sure your power source is stable and consider using a surge protector to prevent any interruptions that could cause the calibration to go off-track.
  2. Device Memory and Sync Issues:
    • Sometimes, smart devices like the MOES controller may lose their internal memory, leading to inaccurate calibration. This could be the reason why a phone reboot seemed to help; it forced a reset of the connection.
    • Solution: Set a routine calibration schedule through the MOES app or whatever app you’re using. Some motorized shades have a setting that allows recalibration periodically to ensure that positions stay accurate.
  3. Regular Calibration:
    • Since it goes off track over time, consider recalibrating your curtain motor regularly.
    • Some systems let you program automatic recalibration, which might help keep your percentage opening accurate over time.
  4. Sensor Issue:
    • There might be a problem with the motor’s position sensors, especially if calibration drifts after a while. Try to recalibrate using the app settings and see if there's an update for the MOES firmware that could address any sensor issues.
  5. Environment Factors:
    • Environmental conditions, such as the weight of the curtains, friction, or obstruction, could affect the calibration. If you’re using black curtains, make sure that they are not too heavy for the motor to manage consistently. A heavier curtain might increase wear and tear on the motor and misalign the calibration.
  6. Firmware Update:
    • Ensure that both the MOES controller and any apps used are up to date. Sometimes manufacturers release fixes for such calibration issues.
  7. Rebooting and Power Cycling:
    • As you've already noticed, rebooting your phone helps temporarily. Additionally, power cycling the curtain motor itself (turning it off for a few seconds and then on) may help restore proper calibration.

Final Steps:​

If the above solutions don't provide a lasting fix, consider contacting MOES customer support. They might have specific instructions or a firmware update that addresses this issue.

Lastly, if your motorized system is struggling with heavier black curtains, consider consulting with the manufacturer about whether your motor is appropriately rated for the curtain’s weight. A mismatch could lead to recurring calibration issues.

Back