Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do i view yoosee camera on Raspberry Pi?

account123

Reaction score
I have a 1080p yoosee Wi-Fi camera, would you please let me know how do i view camera on Raspberry Pi?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can easily capture or connect your IP camera to Raspberry Pi. The first thing you need to do is installing ffmpeg, then using the following command to capture its video stream:
Code:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://192.168.111.125:554/onvif1 -strict -2 -vcodec copy -c:a aac -f segment -strftime 1 -segment_time 3600 -segment_format mp4 capture_%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S.mp4

“I’ve been experimenting with my pi for a number of weeks now, using famous brands Raspbmc or openELEC. I’ve lately installed a wireless IP camera outside which is linked to my home network.

My question is this: is it feasible for my Raspberry Pi to connect to my camera and perhaps record images/videos to an exterior HDD?”

It is a highly effective and cost-efficient way to DIY a security camera system with Raspberry Pi. This technique can be used for an array of purposes, such as, utilize it as an infant monitor, secure your domestic pets if you are out, and more.

So, how for connecting Raspberry Pi to IP cameras? What components should you create a Raspberry Pi security camera network? What in the event you focus on during the entire process?
Below you will see out the answers to all of your doubts about making a Raspberry Pi surveillance camera efficiently.

Components Needed When Connecting an IP Camera to Raspberry Pi
To make a Raspberry Pi IP camera viewer, you need certain items.

To begin with, you will need Raspberry Pi itself. There were several generations released, including Pi model A, model B, A+ and B+ models, Pi 2 model B, and the latest Raspberry Pi 3 model B.

Then you need a keyboard. Power is necessary which is provided with a Micro USB.

To see your actions, you will need to add a monitor. This is often a HDMI or VGA model.

An IP camera is required to catch your images and videos. The bigger the grade of the camera, the better the images and video quality will be.

Finally, a radio adapter must ensure that the whole process runs efficiently.

Detailed Making a Raspberry Pi IP Camera Viewer
When you prepare everything necessary for Raspberry Pi security, here comes the most crucial part: steps to make your own security camera system with Raspberry Pi.

Step one 1: Select and install a display, such as Adafruit PiTFT, NeoSec/Tiny, for your Raspberry Pi, to be able to view the camera prey on it. You can select the perfect LCD or touchscreen appropriate for the Pi on Amazon and other online stores.

Connect Rasberry Pi to IP Camera

Step two 2: Install Raspbian for your Pi. Raspbian is the state backed Raspberry Pi operating-system. Or you may use NOOBS, a simple installer for Raspbian.

Step three 3: You then will require an web connection for your Pi. It is advisable to setup WiFi onto it, which allows you to perform your Raspberry Pi with out a monitor. You are able to SSH in remotely using the Ip, username and password.

To create WiFi for Raspberry Pi, you'll need to connect your display, keyboard, mouse and WiFi adapter to the Pi, and then log in to the Terminal. Setup the adapter and then insight your WiFi network information, so the adapter understands how for connecting to WiFi. When you have issues with it, you can change to Raspberry Pi discussion board to get recommendations.

Step 4: Utilize the order: sudo reboot to reboot your Pi and test to find out if your Pi is actually WiFi enabled.

Step 5: Get an individual name and password of your IP camera. In the event that you forget, the only path is to reset the IP camera to return to its default security password.

Step 6: Select a proper player used as a Raspberry Pi IP camera viewer. Usually the MPlayer is Okay, for it is simple to use. You can even choose other players to fulfill your needs.

Step 7: Start gain access to the camera video stream from the player. Be sure you change the IP address, account to fit your IP camera.

Done! After some time, you can view the live IP camera stream. If it fails, make an effort to install MPlayer once more.

DIY Security Camera System Raspberry Pi

Things You Should Focus on When You Connect IP Cameras to Raspberry Pi
When you choose to connect IP cameras to Raspberry Pi, be sure you have the correct equipment. It's also advisable to ensure that the Ip you record and use is right. You can examine this through the command quick in Raspberry or through the primary Raspberry interface that presents your connection information.

To carefully turn off your Raspberry Pi, avoid unplugging the energy cord. You should use the following control:

pi@raspberrypi~sudo shutdown now

Problems with a DIY Raspberry Pi Security Camera
One of the better elements of a Raspberry Pi surveillance camera is low-costing. Raspberry Pi, a little, affordable computer, can be utilized for video monitoring plus a cheap IP camera.

However, there's also downsides of the system. First of all, the images captured are just a little fuzzy, in comparison to videos/images of HD security camera systems. Then, through the monitor, you can’t see several cameras at exactly the same time. And the complete installation is a lot more than complicated than that of PoE/wireless IP cameras, that are real plug-and-play.

Please use UDP protocol, not the default TCP/IP protocol.

Back