Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Using the Tuya App, IKEA Tradfri?

Katakuri2007

Reaction score
I have a Tuya dehumidifier that I can operate while I'm away using the Tuya App. But since Tradfri needs to be connected to HomeKit in order to control my lights and blinds while I'm away, I can no longer do that.

I don't know a lot about technology, and I'm new to mesh WiFi. Basically, the new ASUS device is connected to my old hub, which serves simply as a modem and no longer serves as a router.

Anyone with knowledge of how to configure Tradfri products with Tuya? Do I need to connect a Tuya gateway to a LAN port on my ASUS router or swap out the IKEA gateway for one? Only my new ASUS router has extra LAN ports; my modem doesn't.

Since Ikea Tradfri devices are ZigBee you need a ZigBee hub. I doubt an Ikea hub will connect to the Tuya app.

A Tuya ZigBee hub will connect to the Tuya app, but not all Ikea devices will connect to a Tuya hub.

My experience is that Ikea plugs will connect to a Tuya hub. Ikea buttons and motion detectors will NOT connect to a Tuya hub. I don't know about Ikea bulbs or other Ikea devices.

Ikea bulbs do connect, but you have to try many times. They work perfect with smartlife app and together with an Tuya Zigbee hub.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this? I have connected my transformer for my "under cabinet kitchen lights" without any problems, the remote just won't connect to the Tuya Zigbee hub.

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, IKEA's Tradfri smart lighting system is not directly compatible with the Tuya Smart app. Tradfri uses its own gateway and app ecosystem for control and management of its smart lighting products.

However, if you are looking to integrate IKEA Tradfri with other smart devices that are compatible with the Tuya Smart app, you might consider using a smart home hub or platform that supports both Tuya and Tradfri. Some smart home hubs or platforms can act as a bridge, allowing devices from different ecosystems to work together.

For example, you could use a third-party hub or platform that supports both Tuya and Tradfri, and then control your Tradfri lights through that hub using the Tuya Smart app.

It's worth noting that smart home compatibility and integrations can change over time, so I recommend checking the latest information from both IKEA Tradfri and Tuya Smart to see if there have been any updates regarding compatibility or integrations between the two systems.

Back