Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can't get the motion detection/alarm work ...

Stefan Nilsson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new joiner. Have a lot of other surveillance cameras in my home(s) and now tried a NEXUS N-SEE cam using YouSEE App on android
The camera works OK and I can see, record, snapshot etc.
BUT I can not get the alarm to work with motion detection

I have as follows in set-up:
Record mode: ON > Alarm record / 1 minute
Defense plan: 01:01 Arm mode ON & 23:00 Disarm ON
I've tried to switch modes and times with no success ..

Defense settings:
Arm mode ON
Motion detection ON
Alert sensi ON/Middle

Alarm mode:
Receive alarm prompt ON
Notification meth. Receive Alerts ON
Interval 5 minute
Email. my gmail and it was verified by the app
Buzzer . 1 minute

Last edited:
Well, your configuration is correct, but if you wanna test this function, you have to manually arm/activate the motion detection. In “All devices”, you can find a home icon on the left of screen, tapping the icon you can switch it from home to away, then motion detection will work.

Thx for reply & tip.
Sooo simple ;) grrrr :) But I could not find this in an manual or setup instructions
I'm almost ashamed :) ... having 35 years experience in IT and a lot with devices like this :)
Thx and take care !!
BR // Stefan

Thanks Jackie for the tip about All Devices. I purchased three similar ip cams (bullet type) just last week and I had no problem setting the first one up and alarm emails worked fine. The next two ip cams would not send emails despite identical settings and I've been going around in circles trying to find out what was wrong.. I guess for some reason the 1st cam defaulted to HOME whilst the other two to AWAY despite me doing a factory reset. Anyway, problem solved as the documentation is very limited. Its a shame you can't set up a fixed ip address but whatever.

Firmware updated without any guide or manual.
- alert with thumbnail: gone
- motion detection recording: gone
- different between Arm/Disarm

Back