Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Report yoosee app in Google play

batata040

Reaction score
Hi,

Last week many apps were removed from Google play because they were being used for DDOS attacks and to do "stuff they should not be doing".

Right after that, a discussion came up at stackoverflow chat about yoosee and people said they started reporting the yoosee app as a potential threat (at google play) cause they see lots of strange requests when using a traffic analyser in their network. Some people suggested many other yoosee's competitors which looks clean.

I also remember they making a comparson against 5 top most used wifi camera app in the google play and all of them, except yoosee, were clean and didnt raise any flags about suspicious use of their network (both in the android phone network and in the camera network).

So I am generously coming here to give you a heads up: I am pretty sure you will be banned from google play in the next days or weeks, google is cleaning their app inventory and with the bad reputation and log data from traffic analyser that people reported about yoosee I think this app will be gone shortly.

I came here cause I like using yoosee. Sure, yoosee competitors are very good and I am already using them but some of them are a little bit slow. So I decided to come here and alert you so you can stop using your app for nepharious purposes (according to reports from other people, not mine) and avoid being banned. I also advise you to get in touch with google play and invent some excuse that your app was compromised but now it's safe to avoid problems.

I use a very well configured firewall in my router and in my cell phone (no root firewall is a good one to android phones) and I am pretty sure yoosee will not harm me, but others may have problems. So I advise using a good firewall in your phone and configure good rules in your router so you avoid having problems while this app lives the last days.

I just wanna make it clear that I didnt analyze the traffic of yoosee, I am just reporting what other people said in a group chat online.

Hi,

Last week many apps were removed from Google play because they were being used for DDOS attacks and to do "stuff they should not be doing".

Right after that, a discussion came up at stackoverflow chat about yoosee and people said they started reporting the yoosee app as a potential threat (at google play) cause they see lots of strange requests when using a traffic analyser in their network. Some people suggested many other yoosee's competitors which looks clean.

I also remember they making a comparson against 5 top most used wifi camera app in the google play and all of them, except yoosee, were clean and didnt raise any flags about suspicious use of their network (both in the android phone network and in the camera network).

So I am generously coming here to give you a heads up: I am pretty sure you will be banned from google play in the next days or weeks, google is cleaning their app inventory and with the bad reputation and log data from traffic analyser that people reported about yoosee I think this app will be gone shortly.

I came here cause I like using yoosee. Sure, yoosee competitors are very good and I am already using them but some of them are a little bit slow. So I decided to come here and alert you so you can stop using your app for nepharious purposes (according to reports from other people, not mine) and avoid being banned. I also advise you to get in touch with google play and invent some excuse that your app was compromised but now it's safe to avoid problems.

I use a very well configured firewall in my router and in my cell phone (no root firewall is a good one to android phones) and I am pretty sure yoosee will not harm me, but others may have problems. So I advise using a good firewall in your phone and configure good rules in your router so you avoid having problems while this app lives the last days.

I just wanna make it clear that I didnt analyze the traffic of yoosee, I am just reporting what other people said in a group chat online.
This is hilarious!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

;) I am laughing with you and at you :) :) :) Keep your phone connected to wifi all day long with yoosee opened, your carrier will love charging you an extra for 3g/4g! :) :) :)

This depends on your living environment, my home and office both places have Wi-Fi available, even in restaurant, stores, library...etc, they offer free Wi-Fi services.
Nowadays, I seldom use 3G/4G cellular service. I guess nobody wanna watch the video in 24 hours. Most of us wanna watch the video when we wanna know what is happening in the residence, then record the video clips on the SD/TF memory card in 24hours/7days manner.

Regarding to the connection, it's a P2P camera, the camera needs to communicate with the remote servers intending to send the latest or real-time network info to the App.
If the camera doesn't communicate with the remote servers, the P2P will not work, users will not be able to access the camera in WAN/Internet. P2P doesn't forward or transmit your video data to the servers! If you subscribe the cloud storage service (provided by Amazon), the video will upload to Amazon cloud servers.

I just did what good folks at stackoverflow were chating. I left yoosee opened BUT I didnt open any camera and started wireshark in my network. Disconnected everything and made sure only my phone was connected. Closed all aplications and watched the traffic. LOTS of garbage flowing from my phone. Then I closed yoosee and EVERYTHING STOPPED IMMEDIATLY! I just saw some ICMP packets (which is pretty normal since android is still running, of course). Then I opened again yoosee and traffic spiked. Indeed, we need to report this app as a threat!

@Jackie I understand a server has to be in the middle, the same happens with the RTMP protocol and any websocket protocol. The server is needed to start the communication and is needed to keep things updated during the data flow. However it wouldnt cost anything to yoosee devs to allow users seeing each camera ip from the app itself... this would be a nice addition but I dont think this app will last too long in the play store so dont bother fixing this.

I just did what good folks at stackoverflow were chating. I left yoosee opened BUT I didnt open any camera and started wireshark in my network. Disconnected everything and made sure only my phone was connected. Closed all aplications and watched the traffic. LOTS of garbage flowing from my phone. Then I closed yoosee and EVERYTHING STOPPED IMMEDIATLY! I just saw some ICMP packets (which is pretty normal since android is still running, of course). Then I opened again yoosee and traffic spiked. Indeed, we need to report this app as a threat!

@Jackie I understand a server has to be in the middle, the same happens with the RTMP protocol and any websocket protocol. The server is needed to start the communication and is needed to keep things updated during the data flow. However it wouldnt cost anything to yoosee devs to allow users seeing each camera ip from the app itself... this would be a nice addition but I dont think this app will last too long in the play store so dont bother fixing this.

Now, please tell me why you still use Yoosee cameras, and what the reason makes you buying it.
Please check how many users download and use the Yoosee app and cameras.
It seems you guys are brainwashed by so called "china growing power threat". Don't ignore this app also has iOS version.
Don't you know before publishing the app in both Googleplay and iTunes, the app needs to be reviewed/audited by the Google Android or Apple app teams?

@Jackie of course the app has to be review by google and apple, even with this process 300 apps were allowed and still contained trojan and malware that were used in ddos. The review process is stupid and if you dont know I can tell you an easy way to overcome it: publish a very simple app and want it to be allowed. After it has been allowed wait some thousand idiot users download it. After that make you app request an external domain/IP and download any maalicious code and execute it, even with "eval".

Simple like that! Your app was approved and still it contains lots of garbage cause nothing prevents your app to download resources from the internet and eval/execute it.

As for your 1st question, there is no such a thing "yoosee cameras". Yoosee has nothing to do with the camera manufacturers. There are tons of apps that communicate with the cameras, yoosee is just another app. I usually like to embed suverilance cames in the backgound of pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back