Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unable to reset ESCAM QF508

DoctorBR

Reaction score
After a few months of operation, the reset button on my ESCAM QF508 no longer work. When I plug it into the power outlet, I can only see a blue LED blinking inside it!

Is there any way to reset without using the reset button on the cable?

P.S. camera no longer connects to my network, I believe it is not possible to use IPC Debugging tools!

hjvY5bP.jpg

Spray WD40 to the switch button, it will fix the oxidized contact problem.

@Jackie, the button is not rusty. My ESCAM QF508 is new and is not installed outdoors.

Do you know of any other way to reset the QF508 or how to resurrect it?

Help me please! :(

To connect to your Escam IP camera. If an FFMPEG option is available we recommend you try that first as it will often be faster and include audio support. You can also try the VLC plugin if the FFMPEG option isn't working.
The settings for Escam cameras are built right into our free surveillance software - click "Add" then "IP camera with wizard" to automatically setup your Escam cameras. Remember to also try connecting via ONVIF as Escam cameras may support ONVIF connections as well.
Start typing in the "Make" box to find your camera. If your camera is not listed then click "Get Latest List" in settings or when on the add camera wizard. If you need to modify the URL then add or edit the Escam camera and you can modify the connection type and URL in the video source dialog (button is top of the first tab).

Back