Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lost ONVIF after 14.0.0.93 upgrade

wegasheliak

Reaction score
From my read here in this forum and around, everyone lost their ONVIF access after this uprade.
No matter what user/password we use ( admin/123 the basic one) we cant access the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000/onvif/device_service.
This is a big BUG.
The RTSP password thing was good, yet the ONVIF problem is very serious..

I had this same issue with my camera and I was able to resolved it.
Background info: I use the "YooSee" phone app, and also setup the camera on my Synology NAS using their Surveillance Station PC app and using the Synology DS Cam phone app. Current firmware version on my camera is now 14.0.0.93. Camera is connected to my home wireless network.

This camera was fully functional in Surveillance Station and DS Cam for quite some time. Recently, when accessing the camera using the YooSee app on my phone it was warning me that there is a new firmware update. I ignored the warning - it's working fine! Well, wouldn't you know that about a week later - without updating the firmware - it stopped working in Surveillance Station and in the DS Cam app on my phone. Surveillance Station and DS Cam showed the camera was disconnected. However, the "YooSee" phone app was connecting and functioning properly.

Disconnecting/reconnecting power to the camera did not resolve the problem. When I launched Surveillance Station on my computer to check the configuration of the camera, Surveillance Station showed the camera as "disconnected" and any time I tried to modify the configuration - no matter what I tried - it would error when I tested the connection to the camera.

Here's what I did to get it working again:

Reset the camera to factory default. Do this by pushing a small pin through the "reset" hole on the back of the camera. The camera will chirp when it's reset. Use the YooSee phone app to reconnect the phone to the wireless network. When the camera was connected to the network, the YooSee app immediately popped up a message that says that the security policy of the camera has been updated and that you either need to turn off RTSP or set an RTSP password. I set a password at this point. I then confirmed that the YooSee app is transmitting video from my camera.

Next, I went into the Synology Surveillance Station app on my computer and my camera was still showing that it was disconnected. I edited the camera configuration to read as shown below

Name: Same name that I had previously assigned the camera

Brand: [User Defined]

Type: Streaming - RTSP

path: rtsp://admin:########@IPAddress:554/onvif1

** "admin:" needs to be typed in and used here - this is the username of your camera. Replace all #'s with the password that you had assigned to the camera after you reset it.

*** Replace IPAddress with the proper IP address of your camera on your network. ":554/onvif1" needs to be typed in and used here - this is the port and path information.

Good luck!

Thanks, I had the same issue, and solved after reading your advise!

after a week a manage to reconnect my cameras, thank you

I need to downgrade firmware 14.0.0.93 to any other older version cause after upgrade to current firmware onvif stop working as this camera was connected to my DVR as IP wireless camera for 1 year with no issue now it show (offline) parameter error on my Hikvison DVR, anyway I need to downgrade the firmware as I have 3 cameras from this I tried the 2 methods mentioned in this forums (adding the firmware on SD card after formatting to FAT32 not working or by IPC tools as this program did not show me any camera on my network although they are connected and working fine with Yoosee app on mobile, so please advice what is the solution or what is the correct procedure to downgrade the firmware.
Screenshot_20190125-090134_BW Smart.jpg

I need to downgrade firmware 14.0.0.93 to any other older version cause after upgrade to current firmware onvif stop working as this camera was connected to my DVR as IP wireless camera for 1 year with no issue now it show (offline) parameter error on my Hikvison DVR, anyway I need to downgrade the firmware as I have 3 cameras from this I tried the 2 methods mentioned in this forums (adding the firmware on SD card after formatting to FAT32 not working or by IPC tools as this program did not show me any camera on my network although they are connected and working fine with Yoosee app on mobile, so please advice what is the solution or what is the correct procedure to downgrade the firmware.
View attachment 260
Hi,

I would try leaving it at the current firmware and doing a factory reset on your cameras, join them to your network using the YooSee App. Using the YooSee app, set a RTSP password on each camera. Then connect to your DVR as

** "admin:" needs to be typed in and used here - this is the username of your camera. Replace all #'s with the password that you had assigned to the camera after you reset it.

*** Replace IPAddress with the proper IP address of your camera on your network. ":554/onvif1" needs to be typed in and used here - this is the port and path information

Hi,

I would try leaving it at the current firmware and doing a factory reset on your cameras, join them to your network using the YooSee App. Using the YooSee app, set a RTSP password on each camera. Then connect to your DVR as

*** Replace IPAddress with the proper IP address of your camera on your network. ":554/onvif1" needs to be typed in and used here - this is the port and path information

Thank you for your reply, I downgraded the firmware and all camera re work again perfectly but regarding your solution I have Hikvison DVR and there is no RTSP option available the only option available when connected IP camera either (protocol ONVIF or HIKVISON) and by default it choose ONVIF so I think your solution is not applicable to DVR with such model.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply, I downgraded the firmware and all camera re work again perfectly but regarding your solution I have Hikvison DVR and there is no RTSP option available the only option available when connected IP camera either (protocol ONVIF or HIKVISON) and by default it choose ONVIF so I think your solution is not apply to DVR in such type.

Dear Raed Jarrar I have the same problem with cameras as you had. I can not lower the firmware. Neither the first nor the second. Could you tell me how you handled it. Thanks in advance!

Same thing here!
Can't use the method suggested because my DVR does not offer me the Type - Streaming RTSP...
Any way to:
1 - upgrade the DVR in order to do that?
2 - downgrade the cameras!

Thanks

Same thing here!
Can't use the method suggested because my DVR does not offer me the Type - Streaming RTSP...
Any way to:
1 - upgrade the DVR in order to do that?
2 - downgrade the cameras!

Thanks
NVR can discover the camera, then input username admin and the modified RTSP password. Because RTSP password = Onvif password.

If you manually add the camera to NVR, try input the following info:
IP address: your camera’s local IP address e.g 192.168.1.10
Port number: 5000
Username: admin
Password: your RTSP password

If your NVR allows you to select stream type, select “UDP”, not the default “TCP/IP”.

NVR can discover the camera, then input username admin and the modified RTSP password. Because RTSP password = Onvif password.

If you manually add the camera to NVR, try input the following info:
IP address: your camera’s local IP address e.g 192.168.1.10
Port number: 5000
Username: admin
Password: your RTSP password

If your NVR allows you to select stream type, select “UDP”, not the default “TCP/IP”.
None of this helps. I could still lower the camera firmware. Now a black screen comes from the camera. There is time, but no video. Works only on the phone. Who will help?

Dear Raed Jarrar I have the same problem with cameras as you had. I can not lower the firmware. Neither the first nor the second. Could you tell me how you handled it. Thanks in advance!
Dear Ruslan, I used IP tools that show you connected wireless camera (first trail I did not found any camera with this app then I used another laptop and it works) now I have two type of camera, the one that firmware version (14.0.0.93) I downgrade with (14.0.0.87) and the second one which is BW camera the firmware version (13.0.1.15) I downgrade to (13.0.1.10), first time I still see that I didn't succeeded in downgrade but for first camera (firmware start with 14) just you need to switch the power off then on by remove power cable then re connect you can see that it's downgraded for the second one (BW camera firmware start with 13) after the downgrade you need to reset to factory default and you will see the firmware downgraded. (for BW camera I connected the camera directly to the router by Lan cable)

I tried attaching to you the IP tools and the two firmware but the file is too large if you need them I will upload the files to google drive, please provide me with your gmail email if you need the files.

Dear Ruslan, I used IP tools that show you connected wireless camera (first trail I did not found any camera with this app then I used another laptop and it works) now I have two type of camera, the one that firmware version (14.0.0.93) I downgrade with (14.0.0.87) and the second one which is BW camera the firmware version (13.0.1.15) I downgrade to (13.0.1.10), first time I still see that I didn't succeeded in downgrade but for first camera (firmware start with 14) just you need to switch the power off then on by remove power cable then re connect you can see that it's downgraded for the second one (BW camera firmware start with 13) after the downgrade you need to reset to factory default and you will see the firmware downgraded. (for BW camera I connected the camera directly to the router by Lan cable)

I tried attaching to you the IP tools and the two firmware but the file is too large if you need them I will upload the files to google drive, please provide me with your gmail email if you need the files.

Thank you very much for the answer, I have a WiFi camera, I can not connect it via cable. I was able to lower the version all the same, I had to use Windows 7PE. Only from it I was able to see the camera, but the problem is that after successfully updating the firmware (I tried 77, 87 and 92 versions), the camera on my recorder is connected, but it shows just a black screen, and it works in the phone. The firmware version in the phone shows what you need. As if lowering the firmware does not remove everything that happened. My mail ruzakarin@yandex.ru, you can your firmware. Although I have already tried a lot of them, by the way, version 13 is not installed on my camera!

Thank you very much for the answer, I have a WiFi camera, I can not connect it via cable. I was able to lower the version all the same, I had to use Windows 7PE. Only from it I was able to see the camera, but the problem is that after successfully updating the firmware (I tried 77, 87 and 92 versions), the camera on my recorder is connected, but it shows just a black screen, and it works in the phone. The firmware version in the phone shows what you need. As if lowering the firmware does not remove everything that happened. My mail ruzakarin@yandex.ru, you can your firmware. Although I have already tried a lot of them, by the way, version 13 is not installed on my camera!

I sent you email, please try this firmware and IPC tools and after install the firmware try reset the camera to factory default.

I sent you email, please try this firmware and IPC tools and after install the firmware try reset the camera to factory default.
How to restore the factory settings of the camera. There is nothing besides the reset button?

How to restore the factory settings of the camera. There is nothing besides the reset button?
Usually there is a small hole in the bottom of the camera to reset the camera you need to use a needle while the camera is on and press it for 10 second

None of the tries to use the newer firmware solve the issue.
Now the problem is, I only have Mac computers, and the tutorial that I fond to downgrade firmware is a windows only... Tried even to instal a windows partition, but didn't worked well...
Any suggestions on how to downgrade using a MAC computer os a iPhone?
Thanks!!!

Usually there is a small hole in the bottom of the camera to reset the camera you need to use a needle while the camera is on and press it for 10 second
Yes, I know this button - this is a reset button. It simply allows you to reattach the camera. Thank you, I did it. Now my registrar sees her. Although the computer in the CMSClient program did not see it (

Back