Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The RTSP stream is not secured!

mm001

Reaction score
I have set passwords for the admin / guest access, however anyone on our local network can access the stream still from rtsp://IPadr:554/onvif1... this should be secured 100% to prevent local access!

This is freaking unbeliveable. Yoosee manages the cameras firmware and they didnt even care about puting a password to allow access to RSTP. Yoosee is a very irresponsable "company", allowing this to happen demonstrates their real interest: they probably share rtsp urls with other companies/hackers and allow them to see your camera. Since your camera has ABSOLUTELY NO SECURITY anyone that has the RTSP url can open your camera.

I am not installing yoosee anymore in my customers android phones cause this software keeps a terrible firmware in the cameras.

This is freaking unbeliveable. Yoosee manages the cameras firmware and they didnt even care about puting a password to allow access to RSTP. Yoosee is a very irresponsable "company", allowing this to happen demonstrates their real interest: they probably share rtsp urls with other companies/hackers and allow them to see your camera. Since your camera has ABSOLUTELY NO SECURITY anyone that has the RTSP url can open your camera.

I am not installing yoosee anymore in my customers android phones cause this software keeps a terrible firmware in the cameras.
Your assertion is ridiculous, most ip cameras' Rtsp doesn't require acccount credentials because It only allows local access.

RTSP is not exposed to internet because the camera doesn't support ddns, your external IP address will be changed after several hours or every 12 hours or less (no one knows what the time your external ip will change), as default internet users can't access your camera via rtsp port, because you don't do port forwarding/mapping on your router.

Jolly your assertion does not consider the MANY USE CASES that people can have to their cameras.

I, for example, access the camera remotelly, in another network. I configured port forwarding in my router so I can access my camera externaly. Yoosee should consider this use case, many people may want to use their camera out of the network.

WHY IN THE HELL am I gonna access my camera only if I am connected in the same network??? If I am in the same network I am surelly close to the camera and I wouldnt need it to survey my house. I only use this camera when I am FAR AWAY from the camera so I need to look at it and check if everything is ok in my house.

Your assumption that users will only connect to their camera when they are in the same network it terrible - to say the least. 99% of the people WILL ACCESS THEIR CAMERA FAR AWAY FROM THEIR CAMERA NETWORK.

Jolly your assertion does not consider the MANY USE CASES that people can have to their cameras.

I, for example, access the camera remotelly, in another network. I configured port forwarding in my router so I can access my camera externaly. Yoosee should consider this use case, many people may want to use their camera out of the network.

WHY IN THE HELL am I gonna access my camera only if I am connected in the same network??? If I am in the same network I am surelly close to the camera and I wouldnt need it to survey my house. I only use this camera when I am FAR AWAY from the camera so I need to look at it and check if everything is ok in my house.

Your assumption that users will only connect to their camera when they are in the same network it terrible - to say the least. 99% of the people WILL ACCESS THEIR CAMERA FAR AWAY FROM THEIR CAMERA NETWORK.
You are totally wrong.
Users can access the Yoosee Wi-Fi cameras anywhere (both LAN and WAN) without any manual port forwarding in router. Because it adopts the P2P protocol.

It seems your idea is still based on traditional IP cameras use DDNS + port forwarding.
Yes, you can do port forwarding for the 554 port, but it's merely used for video streaming over RTSP protocol. You can't tweak the settings of the camera by using this port.

I cant access the camera using P2P in a webbrowser, i cant embed a camera using P2P in any web application withou activex or stupid flash plugins. What am I left? RTSP. With RTSP I can convert a stream to RTMP, webn or whatever I want. If there is any way to embed P2P in a web site I apoligize for my stupidity but I still think we live in the early 2000.

Hello,

In another post, someone wrote the firmware has been upgraded, and it is said that now the RTSP connection is secured with password...

But with my 2 yoosee cameras, the VLC access is still password free !!!

A lot of users would need an ONVIF password too. I think it's a big security problem for your cameras.

When do you plan to update all YooSee cams ?

Thank You.

I confirm this dangerous problem: Even if you put a password, anyone can access the camera, both from lan or wan. :mad:
That must be fixed urgently

Back