Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

client software on pc wont connect to remote camers

Dockmaster

Reaction score
A few of my friends purchased the n62 cameras for their homes and loved them. then they wanted to set them up at our sailing club and want to purchase 5 or 6 more The overall concept is a grand idea, but when I did some testing with them found some setbacks that make me resistant to purchasing or recommending them.

the cameras once configured by the owners work great and no mater where or what internet the cameras are plugged in to, the owners on their cellphone can see all of then. Even taking one to my home they could see it within minutes.

Problems:

1) None of the cameras can by programmed via the lan cable via a laptop or PC computer, you have to use android. in doing so this company loses hundreds of sales restricting their market as is NOT pc or laptop compatible. there should be a html logon added to the camera firmware like other ip cameras do.

2) The cms client software on the laptop can only see the cameras on the same lan; if you tried to remotely connect from a different location they never connect.

3) the cms client software wont save or store the ip info of each camera, each time to you click on the ip config all the data disappears. any ip data you enter is not there when you come back to view/edit it. the auto detect work ok but shows no ip data. my older camera ip software that can even run on windows 95 blows this cms client away.

4) for remote access I used my router dhcp info to get the camera ip and mac address plus I used a ip scanner to verify. I used a port scanner to see what port the camera used 554. then at the remote site where the cameras were set at set up I the firewall to allow outside access to the canera ip plus port 554. after numerous tries the cms still would not connect. I used gibsons shields up to veryify that the port was open to the internet.

i did a 3rd test I have two different cable modems with different routers sitting side by side and and could not jump from one network to the other to remotely see the camera with the cms software. i was using the latest version of the software and even in English mode some of the options wording ptp rstp still had foreign language characters in it making the third option unknown. i spent about 8 hours on this trying to get them to connect directly.

I could be wrong but it seems that everything has to go though their own servers and for security thats bad as if their servers go down or you cannot connect hence all your cameras go down.

how can it work perfectly on the cell phones via their server but not directly point to point on the cms software, i noticed this camera is branded as fuers, but also see that kerui and golden are same, which one is the clone?

i need to access the cameras on a computer to configure and also to upload the feeds to a website. this product seems not to fit that need.

disappointed.

Basically, you thought yoosee cameras were "traditional" IP camera. Actually they are not.
1. Users can easily use app to setup and tweak camera's settings. If running wired Ethernet cable, the app or PC software (CMSClient) can automatically detect local cameras.
2. CMSClient only can discover local cameras. Users have to use "Share link" to add Internet/WAN cameras.
3. CMSClient can not setup camera's IP address/network settings due to "insufficient permission/password error". This dues to security algorithm update.
However, you're able to bind IP address and MAC address in the router to have a fixed IP, instead of doing this on camera itself.
4. Yoosee cameras are compatible with ONVIF specification, the port number is 5000. 554 port number is RTSP stream.
You're able to use free video management software (from other suppliers) via ONVIF connection, e.g. https://www.unifore.net/analog-surveillance/xmeye-for-windows-mac-pc-software-vms.html
You're able to play RTSP video stream in VLC/QuickTime Player/App, e.g. https://www.unifore.net/ip-video-su...p-cameras-on-vlc-player-quicktime-player.html

I've installe the lastest version of CMS (CMSClient_V1.00.00.44_0) but when I add a new cam, CMS asks for both Device password and Device RTSP password....what is RTSP password? what is it for?
Thanks

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 17
Basically, you thought yoosee cameras were "traditional" IP camera. Actually they are not.
1. Users can easily use app to setup and tweak camera's settings. If running wired Ethernet cable, the app or PC software (CMSClient) can automatically detect local cameras.
2. CMSClient only can discover local cameras. Users have to use "Share link" to add Internet/WAN cameras.
3. CMSClient can not setup camera's IP address/network settings due to "insufficient permission/password error". This dues to security algorithm update.
However, you're able to bind IP address and MAC address in the router to have a fixed IP, instead of doing this on camera itself.
4. Yoosee cameras are compatible with ONVIF specification, the port number is 5000. 554 port number is RTSP stream.
You're able to use free video management software (from other suppliers) via ONVIF connection, e.g. https://www.unifore.net/analog-surveillance/xmeye-for-windows-mac-pc-software-vms.html
You're able to play RTSP video stream in VLC/QuickTime Player/App, e.g. https://www.unifore.net/ip-video-su...p-cameras-on-vlc-player-quicktime-player.html

I hear you thanks, Next I tried to install the yoosee android app on my tablet and it wanted my email and phone number to register. Since I have no data plan on my phone and my phone number is unlisted as well as my home phone hence it was required items needed to register, SO I removed yoosee off my tablet and cms client off the pc and returned then returned the n62 camera for a refund. I don't like the idea of using a cloud third party to manage my security that keeps an inventory of my camera links. I want a direct link that I alone can manage myself. many smart items get discontinued after 5 years and I have a few bricks when the manufactors don't want to pay for maintaining servers to support their products.

I also tried ip camera viewer and it could detect the camera as a onif on port 5000 but it could never connect to it. this ip camera software supports hundreds of manufactures and models unlike cms client just to yoosee but interesting the many clones of the n62 cameras were not listed.

When the manufactures box new products and don't identify fully list any specifications nor include any contact or manufactor address in a skimpy 5 page booklet its time to just simply return it and purchase a more stable known product.

android is the biggest market on planet earth, i dont see how the company will lose their market by using android.

dont use LAN mode, use Internet mode.

you cant edit for security purpose. company wont take the blame when shit happen like ohh i change my password and now i forgot it or ohh hacker shange my password and i cant login

just try with firewall off. when it still doesnt work then its not a firewall problem

Dear what means " Share Link" , I have the same issue to access the cameras connect in my WAN network

can I watch cameras over internet using CSMClient software for Win10?

I have tried out with the following.I have an additional query to bring into notice that I am unable to connect my Arlo pro 2 with my Hp Laptop for a couple of days .I have tried out the manual configurations and settings to resolve it.Guide us what to do next regarding the arlo security camera review?

Update: I have found latest version 1.0.0.53 and that one is working over internet. Another thing I can not solve is - does YOOSEE support remote control of the switch, sensor or any other fixed code 433.92 device? Can IP Camera send signal not just receive it?

Back