Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Problem Yoosee camera can not support 5G

Anonymous

Reaction score
Problem: I lost my QR code, and I can't reconnect back my IP1080 camera, cause it written camera can't support 5G. May I know how could I solve this problem?

Answer: This error occurred because the camera doesn't support 5GHz Wi-Fi connection, it's only compatible with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, which equals to 802.11 b/g/n standard. It's not compatible with 802.11 ac standard.

It can work with your Dual-band Wi-Fi router, when your dual-band router is working, it will have two different Wi-Fi SSID for connection. When firstly setup the camera via app, your smartphone should connect to 2.4GH Wi-Fi SSID, not the 5GHz Wi-Fi SSID.

Difference between 5GHz and 2.5GHz Wi-Fi band:
5GHz: high speed data transmission, enjoy super fast video downloading and uploading. However, the penetration performance of 5GHz typically is poorer than 2.4GHz.
2.4GHz: fast speed data transmission, speed/bandwidth is sufficient for data transmission of HD video (e.g. FHD, 3MP, 5MP resolution), better penetration performance since 2.4GHz signal can transmit more far than 5GHz.

When considering signal interference, 5GHz is better because few existing electronics using 5GHz band, while most common wireless devices use 2.4GHz band.

Reference: https://www.hkvstar.com/technology-news/wifi-network-cameras-2-4ghz-vs-5ghz-vs-60ghz.html

Me cambiaron el módem al configurar la cámara me dice que no es compatible con g5. Cómo me pueden ayudar para establecer el servicio. Me es importante para vigilar a una persona muy mayor...
Por favor respondan rápido

I had recently change my router and when I trying to connect my yoosee camera than I realised that this camera cannot connect to 5g wifi, is there anyway to solve this.

Back