Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to change IP camera default password?

Temmokan

Reaction score
After having installed "Falcon Eye" (FE-ITR1000), I see no valid means to change its admin password.

1. The Android app has no "Security settings" (as advertised in the camera's user manual: there is such setting on a YooSee app screenshot, but in reality the latest app has no such settings at all)

2. CMS client application, when trying to use 'IPC setup', returns either "network timeout" or "password error" on every "Refresh" click.

How I am supposed to change admin password?

Is there another application capable of doing that, or all I have are YooSee apps, both useless?

yes looks like yoosee is getting useless rather then usefull. 1) cant change device password 2) default password changes after added(so stupid of this when the app cant be used to change password as well) 3) cant set camera network settings to manual.
If this type of issues for sure yoosee would be losing existing and new customers for thier camera!!!

yes looks like yoosee is getting useless rather then usefull. 1) cant change device password 2) default password changes after added(so stupid of this when the app cant be used to change password as well) 3) cant set camera network settings to manual.
If this type of issues for sure yoosee would be losing existing and new customers for thier camera!!!

According to their built-in Android app help,
- passwords are now changed internally; when a phone binds to IP camera device, it changes its admin password (? I might be wrong) and no other user can connect to the camera device, until it's either reset (via "hard reset button") or unbound from current mobile device
- the camera device owner can "share" the device across other mobile devices; those being shared with get "read-only" access (and their own special passwords)

The above, in general, is fine, but why there was no announcement across users base? Such changes are drastic and users should be warned beforehand.

What really bothers me is the fact I managed to connect to "bound" camera device from CMS client Windows app on a computer in the same network. No passwords asked, no permission asked. I just connected and can view the streaming data, which is severely wrong, IMHO.

Back