Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yoosee latest release problems

Alan R Smith

Reaction score
Issues with latest release 00.46.00.24
- Yoosee App for WiFi/Wired Video Doorbell

SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 Smartphone

· The following are problems with either the wired or wireless connection.
· Push notification does not work

o all setting are correct,
o no internet security or anti virus setup issues

WiFi network is a Synology RT2600ac AC2600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - Dual-core 1.7GHz processor - 512MB DDR3 - 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps wireless speeds. VERY LOW NETWORK USAGE.

Uses the 2.4ghz band exclusively for WiFi connection.

· Doorbell Press does not activate program
· Only works if the app is the active app.
· Cannot change doorbell ring tone.

I succeeded in changing it 1 time initially, but now it defaults to only the default doorbell sound.

· Have reregistered doorbell with a different registration and have the same problems

I have a Yoosee Video Doorbell, firmware 13.1.0.6

Push notifications worked for a while with no issues on three iOS devices.
Lately I have the same issue: Notification do no longer work when the phone is locked.

1. Doorbell rings only when the Yoosee app is running.
When the device is locked (to save the battery), doorbell works again for a little while (minutes?) but then, nothing is received.

2. Notification are randomly received or not at all.
When my phone is or has been woken up by an email notification for example, I receive Yoosee notifications. Again, when the phone is locked. Nothing. Sometimes I even get notification as if someone just rang the door but it corresponds to a much earlier doorbell. By then, I have received an email notification and I know it's too late.

3. Doorbell rings 10 times over 1 minute
Technical support told me that it cannot by changed (@Alan R Smith: I'm interested to try what you did if you can give us more info;)
I found that pressing the doorbell a second time stops the doorbell. Just a workaround for family members.

4. Cannot stop the doorbell to ring from the phone (when the app is not running)
In the beginning, when the doorbell was working on three phones, my only concern was to stop the doorbell. By the time my phone was unlocked, the yoosee app launched, 1 minute had passed (almost).

5. Wish: to receive notification on Amazon Echo
If someone has some information on the protocol, I could try writing an Alexa skill.

6. Email notification works ... with Yahoo
I posted the configuration used in the "setup" section of the forum. I tried other SMTP servers but Yahoo was the only one that works for me.

Notification do no longer work when the phone is locked. I have this issue also. I have to leave the devices on continuously for notifications to work. This is not practical, e:g a phone in the pocket continuously on, battery will run down and pocket dial becomes an issue. Yoosee needs to use the IOS capability to notify on locked screen. I would say this is high priority fix ? Without notifications there's little point in having these cameras for the most common uses

It appears to me the new version of the application does not ring the doorbell function if the application is not open or if has not been open for 10 minutes previous to when the doorbell has been rung.
I suspect the new application logs out users so you limit connections on the server. This does not work for users that are using the application for video doorbells.
Has Yousee responded to anyone's post about this bug since March, which is the first time I see that it was posted, if so I have not found it?
The older version with the same settings in the application worked properly.
A doorbell that does not ring is not a doorbell!

yoosee new update 00.46.00.33 not work properly. Notification do no longer work when the phone is locked. I have this issue also.
give us new updates.

The same problem. Xiaomi redmi note 5, android 8.1. When smartphone is locked, the apps only vibrate ones, and no sound alert. Please, fix this

For people who have problems with push notifications in xiaomi, the solution is to enter installed applications, search YooSee app, then in for "other permissions" and activate all options there. I have a xiaomi redminote 5.

The answer is "Give Up" and buy one from another supplier that will work. As an installer of these latest high demand Video Doorbells, I've purchased and experimented with many different models. The TL WF02 Wifi Video Doorbell is the ONLY ONE THAT WORKS RELIABLY, where ALL of the functions work as advertised!! Multiple phones/devices can be connected without a "Manager" profile or other restriction. It looks nice, solid construction, includes access control keypad, was INCREDIBLY EASY to setup!! It takes longer to watch the YouTube video, than it takes to do the setup!!! It's a beautiful design
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. I won't be supplying any other WiFi Video Doorbell for my clients for a very long time. This one really sets the standard for quality and ease of setup/use. And at a very reasonable price. See attached quotation. It's a year old pricing so please request an updated quote.

Attachments

I'm not sure about anyone else but I certainly don't want a ring doorbell that I have to plug into an adapter and then into the wall plug. I'm looking for something that connects to the pre-existing wiring that is on the old door bell. They didn't show that hook up in the video

Hi guys, same issues for me. As a workaround you can try is to put yoosee in the android battery saving exception list. I ve got a better behaivor since I did it.

Juani

Same Problem over here. Using the newest YooSee 00.46.00.51 App with my Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile phone. When the phone is in locked postition it just vibrates but doesn't give a ring sound at all. (App is in the exeption list for the energie saving). Is there a solution for this?

I have the same issue. Everything was okay until the latest version 00.46.00.52 App on my Samsung S8.. Firmware Version is 13.1.1.36. The Camera Alarm Alerts work fine, but now the doorbell function doesn't open up the yoosee application and show live view on the camera when the button is pressed.

Last edited:
Same here, as soon as the update went thru the phone stopped waking the lock screen, also am unable to bind an email address, it constantly says server unavailable. uninstalled and reinstalled, downgraded firmware - nothing works , what a piece of Chinese crap...

So just got my video door bell today. Same issue, it will not push to the phone unless the app is open. Latest firmware and such on a S10. So any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Back