Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can't reset camera / Can't detect via LAN - how to reflash?

umba

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with one of the Yousee cameras in my system.

1. First it stopped being available in Yousee app.
2. I tried to reset is manually with a button. Normally camera should go into AP mode after reset and after I can bind again. But this camera I try to reset many times and camera still not go into AP mode.
3. Then I tried to connect cable LAN to PC and try to detect in IPCTestTool. But camera's IP does not show up.
4. I think the camera still ok on hardware level because when it connect to power, it "CLICKS" and when rest by button, it also "CLICKS". And also red night lights are on.

But I just can't detect it anyway, so I am unable to reflash it manually....

I am wondering if there is any way to make the camera available in IPCTestTool ?

Or maybe is it possible to force upgrade firmware from a SD card? How?

Presumably, it enters normal network mode.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Check if DHCP is enable on router, it should be turn on.
2. Go to your router webpage to check if it's listed/connected.

The method to flush firmware via SD card:
Method 1: Format your TF card to FAT32, then put the correct firmware to the root folder of the TF card and insert it to the camera. Press the reset button don't release, and connect the power adapter, after 5 seconds, the camera's LED starts to flick, release the reset button, now the camera is updating its firmware. The process takes 5 minutes, when it completes, it will reboot.

Presumably, it enters normal network mode.

Thanks for quick answer.

Regarding the router, it is for sure DHCP and I can detect other cameras on my network with the same settings.

Regarding the reflash method via SD card, I did exactly like this, but it does not work for me.
1. I press reset
2. While still holding reset, I connect power...
3. And wait 5..10..15..30 seconds = nothing happens, LED does not come up.
4. Only when I release the reset button, after a while LED comes up and the camera CLICKS
5. But nothing happens... led flickers continuously.

As far as I understand the reflash process doess not start

I made a video how I tied this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi
I'm confronting with the same problem, not visible in LAN, nor in WIFI, my ipc z06 camera has gm8 135s qc chip, still unable to reflash it using the reset+powerOn method.
Did someone else had the same issue?
thank you

Anyone found the solution? Any device appears on list (please see attachment).

Attachments

• picturemessage_c1igurqg.occ.png
    picturemessage_c1igurqg.occ.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 56
I am having exactly the same issue. Also put a post here but no replies so far.

I am using CH341 flash programmer to re-flash and had tried more than 6 firmware versions with no success.

Only one produced some kind of result. When the power is on I can see a green led close to GM 8135S-QC blinks and the night vision leds blinks at the same time that the camera emits a clicking sound.

I connected the camera to the PC using an ethernet cable and it connects and disconnects at the same frequency the camera emits the clicking sound.

If you guys have more firmwares please share and I can post the results here.

And, if any idea come out please let me know!
Thanks

UPDATE:

I bought a brand new camera, same model, JT-110W-2A, and did a full dump of the firmware (8mbytes).

With the flash programmer CH341A I uploaded the dump on the bricked camera and voilá!

Network led is blinking blue and camera now emits its setup sounds. In the botton line It’s working now.

On the 1st test it was linked to Yoosee through an ethernet cable. Wi fi seems to be off.

Haven’t had time to downgrade to a previous firmware version to fix the wi-fi yet. Will work on it.

Note: original camera id doesn’t change. That info may be stored on another rom on the mainboard.

I’ll share more details when figure out the wi-fi issue.

I am facing the same problems. I have an old camera 2018 Yoosee I uploaded wrong firmware and now it restarts constant and doesn't let me upload correct firmware.

Back