Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any more than 7 Tuya devices & they go offline

Bignose2

Reaction score
Hi,
I always had an Alarm, 2 air con units, & some wifi gate openers, All worked reliably

I added 8 Antela smart (also show power) wifi plugs

Started noticing devices going off offline, Originally thought the Antela plugs (& still suspect may have influence) but it seemed a bit random, even the Alarm would go offline.

Tried many variations but it seems more than any 7 or 8 devices (not always 7 or 8) but always more than 8 causes problems. Can be slightly random

In the end use Tuya App for the essentials, alarm, aircon gates etc.

put the smart plugs on Smart Life App seperately
6 or 7 will work, add anymore & those added will go offline.
Is usually the last added, as removed in different order and one that was working, now does not.

Have 12 of these plugs & tried huge variety of combinations, think perhaps one is faulty & messes with the whole system but not the case.

I should have sent back but could not be bothered, really frustrating as really needed to monitor energy usage in these extremely expensive times but gave up in the end but re-visiting now.

It seems cannot add Tasmoto, other said new chips so not even tried as not done before

Hi,
I always had an Alarm, 2 air con units, & some wifi gate openers, All worked reliably

I added 8 Antela smart (also show power) wifi plugs

Started noticing devices going off offline, Originally thought the Antela plugs (& still suspect may have influence) but it seemed a bit random, even the Alarm would go offline.

Tried many variations but it seems more than any 7 or 8 devices (not always 7 or 8) but always more than 8 causes problems. Can be slightly random

In the end use Tuya App for the essentials, alarm, aircon gates etc.

put the smart plugs on Smart Life App seperately
6 or 7 will work, add anymore & those added will go offline.
Is usually the last added, as removed in different order and one that was working, now does not.

Have 12 of these plugs & tried huge variety of combinations, think perhaps one is faulty & messes with the whole system but not the case.

I should have sent back but could not be bothered, really frustrating as really needed to monitor energy usage in these extremely expensive times but gave up in the end but re-visiting now.

It seems cannot add Tasmoto, other said new chips so not even tried as not done before

It is possible that you are overtaxing your WiFi router with the additional devices.

Back