Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smart Life App Disrupts My Wifi When Adding A New Device

ColtonYYZ

Reaction score
Let me start first by saying I apologize if this post isn't allowed in the Tuya forums, as I need help with Smart Life App which I believe Tuya owns - hence why I hope it's okay that I post here today.

Problem: Everytime I try to add a new device to my network using the Smart Life App (on iPhone 14 Pro Max), for some odd and unexplanable reason, it disrupts my WiFi and everyone loses connection.

I have tried pretty much everything I can think of from resetting the router, splitting my SSID's (2.4 and 5G), to using a different iPhone and even tried using an Android. In addition to all of this, I even went out and bought a new router because I just can't seem to understand nor figure out, why it keeps kicking everyone off my WiFi network.

My current and new router is the TP-Link Archer AXE75. I have the latest Smart Life App installed. I kept my SSIDs separate. I made sure to "forget any other networks so that it will only reconnect to the 2G SSID when connecting the devices.

Anyone know why this could be happening, or what I should look for to figure out why and how it's happening? I have close to 200 devices and this is getting really troublesome. HELP!!!!!

*** UPDATE: It only happens during the "EZ" mode (aka flashing fast). It does not cause problems adding devices in the Slow Flashing mode. Hope this added info helps someone figure out or explain why this would be. TY!

Last edited:
Back