Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smart Life App Controlling RGB Light Bulbs, How To Pair Bulbs??

BlaineBug

Reaction score
Is it possible to PAIR RGB LED light bulbs so that they perform exactly the same function and mimic one another?

I was reading up online about there being a way to create a group, however in my Smart Life app I see no such capability.

One of the app's downsides is that it is not possible to select a definite color. There is simply the color slider, so if you have two bulbs side by side, you will inherently have different shades of a color regardless as there is no way to select a predefined color OR enter a color hexadecimal code.

If you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions I'm certainly all ears!

Is it possible to PAIR RGB LED light bulbs so that they perform exactly the same function and mimic one another?

I was reading up online about there being a way to create a group, however in my Smart Life app I see no such capability.

One of the app's downsides is that it is not possible to select a definite color. There is simply the color slider, so if you have two bulbs side by side, you will inherently have different shades of a color regardless as there is no way to select a predefined color OR enter a color hexadecimal code.

If you have any tips, tricks, or suggestions I'm certainly all ears!

To create groups, click on any device tile, on the new page click on pencil or 3 dots in to right corner. Half way down the next page you will see create groups.

To create groups, click on any device tile, on the new page click on pencil or 3 dots in to right corner. Half way down the next page you will see create groups.

The first set of RGB light bulbs I was writing here about are Bluetooth only, not Wi-Fi. This means that if I set a schedule and my phone is not within range, the light bulbs' functionality will remain unchanged. These light bulbs apparently have NO ability to create a group as the option to create a group simply does not exist in any of their menus

I most recently purchased another set of Wi-Fi enabled RGB light bulbs which follow the schedule regardless if my phone is within range or not, which is a much added bonus! Additionally these light bulbs DO have the ability to be grouped, and I have accomplished this.

All 4 light bulbs use the Tuya app, but only 2 of the 4 can be grouped. Why is this?

PS - Sorry for the delay in my response as this forum never sent me an email to alert me of your reply.

Back