Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smart Life automation

Slawek

Reaction score
I want to set a routine that shuts down one device (dev1) when the power consumption of the other device (dev2) exceeds a preset value. This can be in theory easily achieved in Smart Life. In theory, because such automation works, unfortunately, only if you physically open the power consumption tab of dev2 - "Electric" icon.
Does anyone know a way to make that kind of automation run in the background all the time regardless of the display state of the Smart Life application?

The following simple automation runs in the Tuya App with out any problems.

I have battery usage set to let Tuya run in the background.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-213432.png
    Screenshot_20220906-213432.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 7
Thank PCO. I have tried the Tuya App with the same, negative, result. I suspect it is an issue with cloud refresh frequency. Have you check if your simple automation works instantly when conditions are met? What is your delay than?

For some unknown reason this automation has about a 20 sec. delay. The strange thing is the reverse automation to turn the light on when the power level drops is almost instantaneous.

It serves my purpose.

Back