Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Three-Minute Motion Duration Not Working Using VicoHome App with Tuya Hawkray Cameras

BSquared18

Reaction score
The four Tuya Hawkray C1 security cameras I purchased on Amazon are using the VicoHome app to interact via my Android phone with the cameras. VicoHome was the default app discussed on Amazon and in the camera instructions I received. I’m using the Android version of the app. I have the latest firmware update. The setup went smoothly, and for awhile everything worked as it should.

However, a few of days ago, I was no longer able to use the three-minute duration option in the motion settings. I can set the time for 10, 15, or 20 seconds but not for three minutes. The three-minute option is grayed out. All four cameras are having the same problem.

Because VicoHome’s notes say the three-minute option uses a lot of battery power, I charged one camera to 100 percent, but the duration is still grayed out. It also is grayed out when I have the camera plugged in, working on house current instead of the battery.

I really like the VicoHome app. It is simple to use and has all the features I need. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my next step(s) should be? I emailed information about my problem to VicoHome but haven’t heard back yet. I suppose I could simply delete the app and reinstall it, but setting up so many cameras is a pain, and how do I know the same problem won’t occur?

If not, can anyone suggest a different app that works with my Tuya cameras; hopefully one that is as user friendly and easy to use?

I have now learned that the three-minute duration option is available only in a paid plan. It was just temporary in the free plan I was using. The monthly fee is only $2.99, so I signed up and now the three-minute auto option is working fine.

Last edited:
Back