Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Inching task conflict with schedule

Dindo Tesorero

Reaction score
Hi, I suddenly have problems with my smart switch. Before, inching does not conflict with schedule. You can schedule-on anytime and enable inching. But suddenly when i changed my inching time it prompted a task conflict and if you confirm, the schedules will be cleared. Screenshot_20220502-002521_Smart Life.jpg

Came here to report the same. I use a smart plug to control an animal feeder that comes on via a schedule, and turns off via the inching feature after 10 seconds. Confirming the inching change will then delete your schedule, and vice versa. I suspect this is a back end change and not the application itself since the app has not been updated. I've also confirmed that using the BN-LINK app (which also controls these types of smart plugs), results in the same behavior. Definitely a problem with the mothership.

I am no longer using the app from my phone, I went through the hoops of getting tuya-cli operational from a linux server in my house, and I'm handling the scheduling through a cron job. Probably overkill for what I'm doing, but functional and my critters are getting fed. For these types of specific use cases I'm going to switch to the Tasmota compatible smart plugs, and will save the Tuya app for more generic devices such as turning lights on and off, or devices that don't cycle on such a short duration.

Back