Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to play and convert .av video files?

Jolly Wang

Reaction score
When Erobot camera records video, it will be saved with .av file extension. Users can play the files by using the Gplayer and CMSClient software. However, the common media players, converters are not be able to recognize, play, convert .av files.

The recorded video files by IP cameras are raw H.264 files, without container, this is the reason why most of players can't play them. But, we successfully use the VLC multimedia player to play the .av, .264, .h264 video files by changing the settings on VLC.

Here is the tutorial:http://www.unifore.net/ip-video-surveillance/how-to-play-264-video-files-from-ip-cameras-dvrs.html

By the way, if you wish to convert the .av files to AVI or MP4 files, you still can use converting function in VLC player; firstly converting the files to .ts files, then using the Handbrake software to convert them to friendly video files.

Hi, How can I convert the .av-files that I get on the SD-card to a "normal" video-file (.avi or .mpg)?
Thanks in advance

Hi, How can I convert the .av-files that I get on the SD-card to a "normal" video-file (.avi or .mpg)?
Thanks in advance
CMSClient can convert .av files to .MP4 files.
CMSClient.jpg

CMS playback is not working correctly with 17.0.0.45, most of the time, cannot find all the videos.

I'm able to play it with windows media player. Windows will tell you it's incorrect format but just play it.

Back