Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Increase Fan Speed Incrementally

Stephen Miller

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up a smart automation in Tuya Smart Life that will increase fan speed incrementally from 1-4?

I have a Treatlife Fan/Light switch that can control my ceiling fan from speed levels 1-4.

I have a Moes Zigbee push button and Tuya/Zigbee gateway. With this switch I can make each of the four buttons control fan speed. When I push button #1, it switches speed to level 1, and so on for buttons #2-4.

However, I would like to make button #1 increase fan speed rather than a specific speed level.
For example, if the fan is currently on level 1, then I push button #1, the fan increases to speed level 2. Then if I push button #1 again, it increases fan speed to level 3, and then level 4.

In the Tuya Smart Life app, I can only set a speed to 1-4, not increase speed every time the button is pressed.

Is there any other solution for this?

thanks!

Hi, I think you have to create 4 smart scenes, each for desired speed. Then all scenes are STOPPED, only scene 1 is ALLOWED. Pressing the button runs scene 1, stopped scene 1 and allow scene 2. Etc... The last scene (4) runs the vent for max., stop itself and allow scene 1 again. Complicated but I think there is no other option as Tuya app doesn't support relative values neither variables.

Back