Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TUYA 300W JK - can not onboard via Bluetooth

Michal G

Reaction score
Hello Team,

I just got my new camera: TUYA 300W JK
I use 5Ghz networks only so can not onboard via Wifi (it's a shame that camera supports only 2.4Ghz, even my 4 year's old Raspberry Pi is supporting 5Ghz). My 5G/LTE router supporting only 5Ghz access point SSIDs (limitation of many LTE/5G routers acting as access point).

I've tried to onboard camera using Bluetooth (two different phones including Redmi Note 8) - but phones could not find the camera via Bluetooth (camera was in the onboarding mode as suggested by the voice messages). I am using app Tuya Smart / add device/ Security & Video Surveillance / Smart Camera (BLE). Camera was connected via LAN port with internet access. Any reason why i could not discover/onboard it ?

I will also (plan B) try to onboard via LAN, but it's complex for me, because it looks like phone/app and camera needs to be in the same L2 segment, while my 5G/LTE router is using different L2/L3 segments for LAN (camera) and wifi networks (phone/app) - and i will have to use my mac os connected via LAN as access point...

I was also thinking about planC: what if i onboard my camera at home with 2,4Ghz wifi and then move it to a new place and connect via LAN cable - will it work ?

Any other ideas how to onboard this camera ? Without 2.4Ghz it's a really painful process...

Thanks,
Michal

Last edited:
Back