Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can't connect/add (palermo) cam to wifi anymore. Backdoor? Or internals please.

mystrrylectricity

Reaction score
I was able to get my old Palermo cam to work a few weeks ago over wifi using the Android app. I think it updated the firmware, but it still worked fine.

As I recall I changed the IP address of the camera by assigning the MAC ID to a fixed IP using the fixed IP address mapping table in my router.

I can't really remember if I could see the camera after that switch. I guess not.

But anyway, I reset the camera and tried to find it again via the Android app. Couldn't do it. I tried a couple of phones and other messing around.

It connects fine via LAN.

Sooooo.... is there a backdoor or web interface I can use to get into the camera? Basically, I think I need to stuff my network SSID and password in there.

Would the IPC diagnostic tool help?

How does pairing work anyway? It's mysterious. The app wants the network password...and then what, it scans for GW hotspot and stuffs the SSID and password into the camera? In diagnosing, I used metageek wifi analyzer. I was hoping to find a GW hotspot but really got nothing.

I am keeping everything: router, cell phone, camera: close to each other. I have tried WPA personal, WPA2 personal, and no security (open) and nothing works.

I think the firmware was upgraded to 13.something.

Back