Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yoosee 1080p Smart Video Doorbell - Feedback/Review

TheTechQA

Reaction score
First, the good points:

Compact Size - Good
Picture Quality - Good
Sound Quality - Acceptable
NVR/Onvif Support - Yes
Ethernet Connection - Awesome
Appearance - Acceptable

Okay Bad Points:

No built in Web Interface
Must use the app to configure
App can only be logged in on one device
App will always open in portrait mode
NVR/Onvif performance is terrible
If you have the app open and video feed running, the door bell wont work

On a hardware perspective, its a great little door bell camera, but it is all but useless due to the poor software.

The Yoosee app is terrible and will only work properly in portrait mode, and will only work on one device at time, so if you have more than one person in the house and you each have a phone, then your out of luck, I have several tablets mounted on my walls, in LANDSCAPE mode, so every-time the door bell is rung, the app will always open in portrait mode, the only work around is to have the app running all the time in landscape mode, but this will stop the doorbell from operating, so this is also useless.

So to summarize:

1. Can only be properly used through the app - USELESS
  2. App can only be used on one device at a time - COMPLETELY USELESS
  3. App always starts up in portrait mode - USELESS FOR IPADS
  4. NVR/Onvif mode runs at around 5 frames per second - COMPLETELY USELESS
  5. Door Bell function will not work while video feed is running - COMPLETELY USELESS
Verdict:

• If none of the bad points will effect you, then purchase it
  • If any of the above will affect you, then avoid like a COVD infested coffee shop
  • So like all the other Door Bell Cameras I have purchased and tested, this too will end up in the rubbish bin.

I wish I read this post before! Then i wouldn’t have bought this doorbell. I hoped the 433 Mhz chime signal could be picked up by my sonos bridge, but thats also not the case. So no integration with my home automation device (home assistant), and the native app isn’t working well (push notification unreliable). Paid 66$, 25€ for transport an 22€ for taxes. For nothing!

First, the good points:

Compact Size - Good
Picture Quality - Good
Sound Quality - Acceptable
NVR/Onvif Support - Yes
Ethernet Connection - Awesome
Appearance - Acceptable

Okay Bad Points:

No built in Web Interface
Must use the app to configure
App can only be logged in on one device
App will always open in portrait mode
NVR/Onvif performance is terrible
If you have the app open and video feed running, the door bell wont work

On a hardware perspective, its a great little door bell camera, but it is all but useless due to the poor software.

The Yoosee app is terrible and will only work properly in portrait mode, and will only work on one device at time, so if you have more than one person in the house and you each have a phone, then your out of luck, I have several tablets mounted on my walls, in LANDSCAPE mode, so every-time the door bell is rung, the app will always open in portrait mode, the only work around is to have the app running all the time in landscape mode, but this will stop the doorbell from operating, so this is also useless.

So to summarize:

1. Can only be properly used through the app - USELESS
  2. App can only be used on one device at a time - COMPLETELY USELESS
  3. App always starts up in portrait mode - USELESS FOR IPADS
  4. NVR/Onvif mode runs at around 5 frames per second - COMPLETELY USELESS
  5. Door Bell function will not work while video feed is running - COMPLETELY USELESS
Verdict:

• If none of the bad points will effect you, then purchase it
  • If any of the above will affect you, then avoid like a COVD infested coffee shop
  • So like all the other Door Bell Cameras I have purchased and tested, this too will end up in the rubbish bin.
i wish i would have seen this to! what poe doorbell camera do you recommend?

Back