Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Smart Video Doorbell - app REALLY needs to work better

AndyS

Reaction score
It seems like there is nobody from YooSee actually developing the app but if there is can you PLEASE sort out the notification on the iPhone app so that it works properly. At the moment it only works if the phone is unlocked and the app is open which is close to useless for all practical purposes.

I can see that people have been talking about this for months and months so it is very depressing to find this out after buying the doorbell.

This is a shame as it works well with PoE and ONVIF connection to my NVR. But the notifications have to work to be of ANY use as a smart doorbell. The app just makes it a DUMB DOORBELL.

How did you add this to NVR , I have Dahua NVR and I have not been able to add this so far despite setting password in NVR password screen of the app.

To be honest I didn't think it would be as simple as it was as this was my first HikVision NVR and I have no experience of how well ONVIF protocols work. My Doorbell is on PoE so I used the PoE power injector that came with the DoorBell and then added to my router over Cat 5e cable. In the YooSee app I just did the standard thing of enabling the NVR connection button and added a password. Then after getting the IP address that I could see on my router I went into the NVR and did a manual add of the Doorbell using this IP address, ONVIF protocol, Management Port 5000, Channel Port 1, Transfer Protocol Auto, User Name admin and password as set in the Yoosee app and it just connected first time. I know the password is case sensitive so maybe double check it is matched both ends.

I didn't try on Wifi so can't say whether it works or not that way but don't see why not.

I have the same problem with Dahua NVR.
If I set the camera in wi-fi and then connect it with LAN cable to the NVR I don't see the image, while inserting the PSW that I entered in the yoosee app ... does anyone know how to do it? Thank you

PS. the camera just reset without configuring it via app and connected directly to the NVR instead works, but so you cannot set the various parameters, video quality, date and time, etc.

How did you add this to NVR , I have Dahua NVR and I have not been able to add this so far despite setting password in NVR password screen of the app.

usr: admin
password: whatever you set it too
onvif port: 5000

Options:

onvif1 = HD
onvif2 = SD

Like most things one buys from this parts of the world, you will need to figure these settings out through shear blind luck or learn to read minds, because reading the destructions that come with it, will be a waste of time.

Back