Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CMS Client with Remote Desktop

MrMilco

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm running CMSClient on my home server, but i dont have any display on there.

I usally connect to my server trough Remote Desktop Protocol. But unfortunally, i cant see any live feed from CMSClient,

Is there any way to see the live feed? And if possible, that i can use the playback function?

What Remote Desktop Client are you using? I'd recommend VNC Server. I have a similar setup to you, no monitor just VNC Server installed on the host PC and VNC Viewer installed on the other PC's around the home and the app on my phone.

What Remote Desktop Client are you using? I'd recommend VNC Server. I have a similar setup to you, no monitor just VNC Server installed on the host PC and VNC Viewer installed on the other PC's around the home and the app on my phone.
i used the stock Windows Remote Desktop, but i will try VNC, i hope that that works :) Thanks

When installing the DITA CMS in a server farm:
Install the plug-ins using the dropins method only. Update sites are not supported in a remote solution.
Users don't have write access to the Eclipse directory, so the system administrator must install the updates.
The users' workspaces must be installed on a shared folder so that users can always access their workspaces, no matter which server they are accessing. They must also be able to access this workspace from their workstation.
Add the following line to the eclipse.ini file:
-Dcom.ixiasoft.cms.override.hostname=<logical_citrix_server_name>
where <logical_citrix_server_name> is a name such as Citrix-Farm-Prod. This value must be the same for each eclipse.ini file on all the servers in your farm.
This ensures that files are locked properly by your users. The DITA CMS Eclipse Client uses the hostname and the username to create a unique lock information. If there are multiple servers in a farm, the hostname used for the lock information is the local server name. With a load balancer, once a session is running, the user will connect back to the same session on the same server. But if the session is closed (the user logs off or closes the application), there is no guarantee that the user will log back in to the same server. Setting the parameter above ensures that files are always locked correctly.
Create a batch file to start Eclipse, as shown below. Update the values in bold as appropriate for your deployment:
Note: The source of this file is available on the IXIASOFT download site at the following URL:
http://cms.ixiasoft.com/downloads/templates/4.4/start_cms44.bat.txt
Remove the .txt extension to make the file executable.

Use netcam studio

Verry useful software for ip cameras

Back