Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Motion detection and sound not working

Jim Clark

Reaction score
I set up my camera and app, synched them. Camera’s working, but no motion detection or sound. What am I doing wrong?

Also, there is no “ du du”” sound from the camera, merely a “click click”.

Do you use the correct power adapter? For example, for some outdoor cameras it's required to use 12V 1000mA power adapter.
The camera should boot up completely, then you reset the camera. It means once connect it to power, you should wait at least 90s to let it boot up, then press the reset button.

Do you use the correct power adapter? For example, for some outdoor cameras it's required to use 12V 1000mA power adapter.
The camera should boot up completely, then you reset the camera. It means once connect it to power, you should wait at least 90s to let it boot up, then press the reset button.
Yes. This is the 12v, 1 amp adapter that came with the camera. As I said already, camera boots up and operates as a simple camera. But, motion detection doesn’t work even after setup on the app. There is no sound on the mic and no alarm sound, although it’s set to buzzer. I can’t keep recording for 24/7 if motion detection doesn’t work as the SD card will soon fill up.

To me there is a fundamental design issue here: I suggest a single frame output (bottom status) isn't really sufficient. A history graph of the past 3 seconds (real time) would seem far more useful in calibrating detection.
As a quick debugging hack to reflect each time the status changes: Adding a variable changeIndex of how often the output has been touched.
// add class variable to track screen updates
private int changeIndex = 0;
private String detectSaveOutput = "";
`
BroadcastReceiver receiver = new BroadcastReceiver() {
@Override
public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
changeIndex++;
int eventType = intent.getIntExtra("type",-1);
boolean detected = intent.getBooleanExtra("detected",true);
int percChanged = intent.getIntExtra("changed",-1);
if (percChanged != -1)
{
// "C" stands for "current"
mTxtStatus.setText(percChanged + "% motion detected C" + changeIndex + detectSaveOutput);
if (percChanged > 0) {
// "P" stands for "previous detection"
detectSaveOutput = " P" + changeIndex + ":" + percChanged + "%";
}
}
}
};`

Back