Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to get camera external IP

batata040

Reaction score
Hi,

I have around 50 cameras installed and I use yoosee in all of them to access their stream. My problem is this: sometimes I need to make some maintanence (like port forwarding in the router remotely) and I cant know the external IP of the camera so I an use it to connect to the router.

I dont want the internal IP, I want the external IP. I am sure yoosee has access to the external IP otherwise if couldnt connect to the camera. So, is there a button in the yoosee app that allows me to access the camera IP?

The external IP address is assigned by your internet service provider, typically is a dynamic IP address, to know it you can simply type "what is my ip" in google search, it will display your external IP address.

Since the camera doesn't support ddns, it is meaningless to do port mapping/forwarding on the router, yes it works for several hours, then stop working because your external IP address have already changed.

Jolly thanks for helping my friend. I am an IT guy, I know how to get the external IP :)

What I am asking you is this: if I am far away from the camera (not even in the same wifi network as the camera), how do I know the IP of the network where the camera is in? MANY competitors of wifi cameras show the external IP so if the user wants to connects directly using RSTP he can do that: he just needs to get the IP provided by the app and is ready to go!

My camera IP is dynamic, it changes once or twice every week! So if yoosee displayed the IP of the camera I could easily use rtsp://IP:PORT_FORWARDED/onvif1 and that's it, I could acccess the camera!

Back