Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CPU running high with New BlueIris setup

Anonymous

Reaction score
Recently installed BI for my friend, he has connected 6 cams with i7 processor which is similar to my setup but CPU constantly running very high. There must be a setting that I am forgetting? Help?

PU load of my BI installation has been running about 10% until I updated my Pinnacle Studio 17 video editing software, installed AVS Video Converter and a few other AVS Video programs and used them a few days ago after which the BI load increased to nearly 100%. I first tried restoring the system to before doing any of this and then tried uninstalling BI completely, including cleaning the registry of any remaining traces of BI before reinstalling BI but the load remains at 90- 100%. I wish I knew much more about how software and everything works together and hoping someone that does can help figure out how to get things back to the way they were as this is my one and only PC and it's basically useless for doing anything else then sending emails as it is.

PC is a Win 7 64-bit system consisting of an Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard with an Intel quad core i5 processor running at 3.1MHz and with 8GB of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5700 video card. On BI there's one 1920x1080 and seven 1280x720 cameras all running 24-25 fps with 3 of the 1280x720 cameras set to record on motion with a 20-30 frame pre-record buffer. GB Network Utilization is 3% and Resource monitor shows 3400MB of memory used (with BI being .97GB of that) and 4700MB free.

Don't bother suggesting lowering resolutions and frame rates, like I found suggested in most cases where someone has a high CPU usage problem, as it helps little in this case and this problem has to be due to something much different considering the load only used to be about 10%. The only thing I can think of and am wondering is was a codec perhaps damaged or removed that's now causing BI a lot of extra work? Or a .dll file perhaps changed when updating/installing the video software?

Back