Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blue Iris shows one camera Intermittently

Anonymous

Reaction score
My network has 17 cameras, 11 HikVisions (various models), 3 Foscam 9805W and 3 others from Nellys (EYESurv I think). 16 of the cameras work as expected. The one that is intermittent is a HikVision DS-2CD2032-I. It is located about 600 ft from the house so it uses an Engenius Bridge and Access Point. The HikVision software SADP has no trouble finding this camera, the camera displays continuously using the IP Cam Viewer on an android phone, but in Blue Iris it is intermittent, showing no signal with no error code, a gray picture, a green picture, and occasionally the correct view. I have not updated to the latest version of Blue Iris, I am using version 3.66. CPU usage is about 50% when no cameras are recording, and if all cameras are recording, Blue Iris stops, but that seldom happens.

Any suggestions on how to configure Blue Iris for this camera?

Can you do a continuous ping to it and see what happens?
600ft isn't very far for a bridge, but still something to check first before anything else.
in CMD your command should be "ping [IP ADDRESS] -t"
Depends how frequently it cuts out, but keep it on for a little while and then end the ping test by CTRL + C. It will tell you the success rate and loss.

Back