Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Please make white light setting to be not used at alarm. Useless function!

Maleabil

Reaction score
Hi developers!
I have yoosee cameras with firmware 25.0.0.12 and 25.0.0.33.
On both firmwares the "white light at alarm" setting is making the camera useless at night. Since the white light is extremely weak, the camera is recording only completely black videos when the alarm is activated and the white light is automatically turned on.
On both firmwares i can not turn off the "white light at alarm" function. It gets reactivated after a second i checked it as deactivated on 25.0.0.12 and is not present as a setting in 25.0.0.33 (was removed).
So my cameras are useless at night at this momment.

An advice for potential customers, please don't buy any camera with "white light" until this setting can be activated / deactivated. You will not see anything on your recordings at night.
Also, the IPC_TEST_TOOL is not working with the firmwares above.

Final update:
Problem solved by Sectec and Gwell. Thank you!
If you have a similar problem with the one above do the following steps:
1 Download the english version of IPCTestTool V01.00.00.62 (kudos to translator!):
https://support.yooseecamera.com/threads/628/
2 Select your camera from the ones listed in the app and press on config info button.
3 Right click on the parameters listed, select all and copy in a text document
4 Delete the parameters for the white light setting (the last ones) and save the document with the name "custom_setting.ini"
5 Click on "Force upgrade" and upload the modified settings

That is all! Good luck!

Last edited:
Friend I have a similar problem, you know where I can find the firmware of your camera, I need the 12 or the 33?

Friend I have a similar problem, you know where I can find the firmware of your camera, I need the 12 or the 33?
Hi!
It does not matter the version of the firmware, you will not work with the firmware, you will work only with the configuration file "custom_setting.ini"
Just follow the tutorial above:
start the software;
export the config info (please be sure to right click on the info and select all parameters);
create a file "custom_setting.ini" and paste in it the parameters (without the last 3 lines withe the white light settings);
upload the "custom_setting.ini" to the camera with "force upgrade button"
That is all, it's really simple and you have anything you need in this topic.

Hi all,

I also have the same problem, my camera doesn't have white light but it's trying to turn it on every time after motion is detected resulting in one minute of black video. I followed these instructions here to disable white light with IPCTestTool but when I try to upload custom_settings.ini file to the camera I get popup dialog with text "bytes == 0 ReceivingLoop exiting"
Is there any other step I need to do to enable upload?
Thank you

Thank you very much for quick reply. Turned out that I wrongly named this file custom_settings.ini with one s too many. I figured that out when I downloaded your file and put it in the same folder with my own expecting it to overwrite it. Now everything works fine.
Best regards,
Slavko

hello guys

I have instaled a Yoosee PTZ Wifi IP Camera 2.0MP 1080P 3 IR light + 4 White light Colorful image Support Onvif P2P SD Card Motion Detector FW 25.0.0.46.
This is the only one that has the rotating function, from my surveilance system, and I have the same problem with the lights that turn on when its raining or snowing and the recordings are verry bad. I realy want to disable this function and see how it is with these lights turned off completly. I dont understand why we dont have a button to do this directly from app but will do as the tutorial says above.

The other cameras I have instaled (none of them have white light) are working fine, except this one and I am realy happy that the motion detection senzor has been reactivated and the cameras record even if the arm mode is disabled.

Will let you know if it works for me also with the tutorial

can anyone answer if I have to connect the laptop with the camera on wifi or lan cable directly??

Hello Mihai! It doesn't matter if you connect it through LAN or WiFi. If you have any troubles, PM me.
Salut Mihai! Poti sa o conectezi cum vrei, LAN sau WiFi, nu conteaza. Daca nu te decurci cu ceva scrie-mi aici sau da-mi PM.

there is no need to do configurations using a laptop and developers software. you can chose to disable the white light from the app.
Go to settings / alarm / defense settings / arm mode and disarm mode. select each one and chose to disable the white light.
Save and thats it.

:)

I found this function very useful. For example, when it's dark camera turns on IR, and everything is gray... but when it detects something then it turns on light (colors are added to the recording)...
If you ask me, this needs to be an option as is in the app.

Back