Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why is Remote Monitoring so SLOW?

VulpesAgAu

Reaction score
My home Internet feed is high-speed cable (upload 2mbps, download 30mbps) and internal WiFi is fast, with a strong signal.

But when I use the Yoosee App (Android) to view my camera feed live, it is SO SLOW that it is usually almost worthless.

Is the Yousee server/bandwidth overloaded?

Last edited:
I'm facing the same problem.
Maybe we need to open any ports in router's firewall?

Edit:
I've tested today, port forwarding (as found in FAQ) but nothing changed.

Last edited:
I wonder if I may have to trash my cheap cameras and change to a manufacturer that provides an acceptable remote monitor service.

Is it slow when using the yoosee app on the same wireless network as the cameras. (just viewing from within your house)? I've got 10 cameras that I access over the net and I can honestly say since the last update to the cameras I can connect and be viewing video within 3 seconds of clicking the camera on my phone.

Is it slow when using the yoosee app on the same wireless network as the cameras. (just viewing from within your house)? I've got 10 cameras that I access over the net and I can honestly say since the last update to the cameras I can connect and be viewing video within 3 seconds of clicking the camera on my phone.
Al, I'm talking about access from anywhere, including 4G mobile phone.

Whilst you have a 3 second delay before viewing, once the live feed starts, do you get smooth continuous video? That's where I get very poor performance.

my cameras are in phoenix and I'm in Canada. It will connect in about 3-4 seconds then I'll get about a second delay where the download speed drops to 0 and then back to normal. I have 4 PTZ cameras and I can watch the video while moving them. Its a little choppy then but I sort of expect that. I can be on wi-fi or LTE on my cell phone very little difference. Is yours worse at particular times of the day?

What is "normal"? Even on "LD" video quality setting, I don't see anything like smooth video.

Cameras are all on SD. Here are the numbers after logging onto each camera 36 kbs, 52 kbs, 57 kbs, 22 kbs, 36 kbs, 38 kbs, 11 kbs, 31 kbs, 22 kbs. These are all logging in after about 3 seconds on yoosee. The lowest readings are the outside cameras and furthest away from my wireless router. Hope this helps.

I found that using yoosee app on mobile network (4G+) i have a lot of problems: no connection or very very laggy streaming but if i'm connected to any wifi network (i tried wifi at work and some free wifi) the streaming is fluid.
From the same wifi (at home) there's no problem, like any other wifi network.
I don't figure out why.
(Sorry my little english)

Last edited:
High CPU load. If you are running Remote Utilities on a computer where almost 99% of the CPU capacity are used by other programs or processes, the program's performance may be slow. Remote Utilities needs CPU resources just like any other program. You can tweak CPU usage in connection properties.

Back