Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Discovering my cameras RTSP stream

Anonymous

Reaction score
Hi, I need assistance with discovering my cameras RTSP stream. Previously, I had used the ip address (rtsp://192.168.0.194/onvif1) and had issues with constant disconnecting of the camera, however, I was still able to view the camera in VLC Media player. After updating my cameras firmware, the RTSP stream now requires you to enter a password and the previous stream URL no longer works. May you please provide me with the updated URL which accommodates the password? I use this camera with the ispy software which uses VLC Media player to view the stream.

Same problem, I use 5 cameras with an NVR and since update RTSP stream constantly disconnects.

Update camera's firmware to the latest version.
Reset camera, then setup camera on Yoosee app.
Go to camera's setting, select "RTSP Settings", modify RTSP password and enable RTSP.
Go to your NVR, select the discovered camera's IP address, input username admin, and the RTSP password.
Reference: https://support.yooseecamera.com/threads/2492/#post-4319

Based on my Yoosee cam, as above, when the Yoosee phone app is updated, and the camera firmware is updated you will need to enter a password in order to enable the RTSC stream from the camera. (As a note, I never got "Onvif" type connections to work before the upgrade, so relied on the RTSC stream, which up to then could be viewed with no authentication.

As soon as I entered the password the RTSC feed to my recorder (not CMSClient) stopped working
I eventually found that the RTSC connection URL I was using on the recording device needed to be updated to use the new RTSC connection password. And then I eventually found that the Yoosee app had allowed me to enter an RTSC password that contained special characters ("#") that the recording device did not recognise as valid in an RTSC URL string (it didn't say that as such, but I got there in the end).
Solution - use the Yoosee app on my phone to reset the camera end RTSC feed password....
Run Yoosee
Login
Select "Settings"
Select "RTSC Settings "
Select "Change Password"
Change the password , save it and then for good measure restart the camera (I disconnected/reconnected power, nothing fancy)

The RTSC URLs to type in to the recording device (or viewer such as VLC), is in the form

rtsp://admin:[RTSCPassword]@[IP_Address]:554/onvif1 (high res)
rtsp://admin:[RTSCPassword]@[IP_Address]:554/onvif2 (low res)

What threw me is that
1the camera has a "user password" and an "RTSC password", both are used against the "admin" account name,

What threw me is that
1 the camera has a "user password" and an "RTSC password",
2 both are used against the "admin" account name,
3 The Yoosee app allows you to set an invalid password that stream viewers cannot send!
4 The spec says it is ONVIF compliant, but ONVIF connections fail.

Nominally the camera was sold as 1080P, but the onvif1 high res feed is only 720p ( I think).
Anyway, by recorder is back working, I can now use VLC to view the feed rather than using CMS client (in Iphone, Ipad and PC) rather that CMS or Yoosee (getting around new "only one user logged in at a time" frustration) - and I have had to learn how to "share" the feed if I do want to use CMSClient.

And I have learnt that there is nothing more annoying than having to use a password to exit a program! (CMSClient) - now used purely locally via a shared link, if bothered with at all. May be useful if I end up getting another camera. If I do I'll probably get 2 of another common make as this has been a right pain and while I have one camera working like it did before the firmware upgrade, I now don't want another. Not least as I am not getting the resolution that was sold to me.

Hello friends! Do anyone knows, this hack with yoosee application will work with doorbell KW02C? I really liked this model when it works under yoosee and supporting Onvif, but seller told me that new version doesn't support Onvif. So anyone trying to make this hack with KW02C?

Back