Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yoosee ip address changes

bob palmer

Reaction score
i have the ipc_2909323 camera that only requires a password. for the app. i run it on tinycam app and i use the cameras app but for some reason it now keeps changing it's ip address. sometimes it will change this 2 or 3 times a day. i turned on and off in the mode the DHCP so the modem should not be asking for a change. but i do not have any program that can get into the camera settings and then be able to turn orr the request for the change. i have a bunch of coolcams and the camera program i use to change the parameters will not see the yoosee camera so i can't get the setup for this camera. so how do i stop this camera from changing it's ip address? i just found a program that sees the yoosee for this site but even that program will not get into the cameras settings so i can turn of the ip change setting. thanks bob p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically all routers can support MAC IP binding. By using this feature, your security cameras will not change its IP address after camera reboot.

MAC-IP binding allows us to reserve static IP assignment for a client. The maximum supported entries are 32 and this feature is applicable for Local DHCP Scope only.
Helps reserve IP address for specific client.
Reserving an IP address allows us to create policies in the firewall configuration, to prioritize the traffic.

Lastly, running CMSClient, you're able to modify camera's network parameter, for example you can shift DHCP to static IP address, or manually assign a static IP address to camera.

the cms client will not let me change the ip address.

so i went into the c3700 in lan setup and under this lan setup i found this
LAN TCP/IP Setup

IP Address . . .
IP Subnet Mask . . .

Use Gateway as DHCP Server
Starting IP Address . . .
Ending IP Address . . .

Address Reservation
# IP Address Device Name MAC Address
1 192.168.xxx.xxx yousee ip camera so i hope this reservation will hold this camera on this ip address thanks if it hold for at least a day then it should hold. i will stop into this thread in a few days ans let you know. thanks

ok i did the mac address reservation and that did not help s any other ideas? the camera changed it's ip address 2 times this morning like 60 minutes apare. this is getting real old. i have no idea why this is happening. unless someone has control of the camera and is playing games with me. all this camera does is look at the front yard. for more security i have more cameras doing the same thing so messing with this is not going to help crooks. last week i had to do a modem reset to factory specs but that was because i changed out a set of numbers that did not work and so to just get back to original i did a reset. but the camera did this before the reset also.

i have half dozen phone programs and the only program that can see this camera won't do anything but see the camera. that program is the cms client and that doesn't do any configuration stuff. kind of a dum program if it will not help change anything.

Network failures, YooSee camera hates the loss of the router, first turn on the router and the other turn on the camera.

thanks i took that camera off line. i got tired of messing with it. and this summer i may star it beck up and use it to see the critters returned to make my life exciting again. thanks

Back